Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lost Path [Soliael]

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]​
Exocron

Midvinter seemed like a distant memory to her now, much had happened in the days before she had left her home and ventured out to find her sister. The winds had spoken to her, bringing whispers of tidings ill, not only for her but Midvinter. Both are under a dark cloud threatening and deceiving, her path unclear and without direction. The Mystics had echoed these omens that plagued her dreams and now it was time for Aerin to form a plan. This searching among a galaxy vast was getting her nowhere.

They told her to go to the far quarter of the galaxy, the name they gave, Exocron.

Among the tall trees of the forest she walked, the cooler air refreshing to her body although Exocron is not cold like Midvinter, it reminded her of home. The mountain range reached up to the blue sky before her, no snow capped the high peaks, but at least she was once again, among something familiar. She did long to feel ice on her face once more.

Aerin decided to rest, the days temperature beginning to take a toll on her Valkyri constitution. Although a mild day for most, to her however, a heat wave. It was not until this moment she began to think on her journey thus far, why she had been brought to this place from such a long distance. She had learned much, not only of the workings of the galaxy to a point, but about something extraordinary .. a thing called the Force.

Soliael stepped through the forest of Exocron with uncaring ease. No creatures would attack him, no bandits would move against him, even the weather would not change on him. This was his world, completely and entirely. The False God controlled every asset of Exocron. Its people, its weather, its very landscapes. They were his to do with as they pleased. It had always been so, at least since Moross had truly been accepted here.

Exocron was the epicenter of it all, where Moross had begun, where Soliael had started it all.

Suddenly, he felt something within the force. A prickle, a sense of something, someone else was in this forest today. He frowned slightly. Its not as though this were a sacred forest, it wasn't off limits, but they were high up in the mountains, very high up. What someone was doing here was beyond him, especially since they were far away from the epicenter of Exocron.

His frown deepened slightly, but quickly he made his way towards the prickle in the force.

It didn't take him long. Soliael's force senses were intensely powerful, and finding the pinprick of life in this forest? Not too difficult at all. He appeared before the woman known as Aerin in almost a blink of an eye, one minute he wasn't there, and the next...

He was.

“Hello.” Soliael said looming over the girl, curiosity in his tone.
[member="Ærin Firebrand"]

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

The fallen log quickly gave way from under her as she toppled backward. The sudden appearance of a figure looming over her startled her. Aerin quickly regained her feet and stood looking at what appeared to be a man, at least in body size. Her head turned looking to see if more are about and how this person had come to be her without her hearing something. A small eddy of dried leaves moved around his feet, an event or something that happens when she is afraid.

He seemed to be curious by his tone, but Aerin now cautious of strangers she meets in forest. She straightened her back and stood tall, "Hello", she replied, her manners not escaping her. "Forgive my behaviour, you startled me". Her eyes narrowed somewhat, eyes searching the figure.

Soliael cocked his head slightly.

This woman was large, larger than the natives of Exocron who were usually no more than 5 and a half feet tall. Of course there were the oddities, but her clothing, and the things she carried told Soliael was not a native of this world, meaning she was likely a pilgrim. Though if she had come here to worship the Pantheon was as of yet unclear.

“That's quite alright.” He said not apologizing for his own rather creepy manner.

He stood himself upright, taking a step back from the woman in order to give her more breathing room, and make it clear that he was not a threat of any sort. He smiled beneath his mask, though she would of course not be able to see it.

“Might I ask, why you're in this forest?” Curiosity pinged throughout his voice.

"I come to find solace", she said as she held her position still eyeing the strange masked man. Why would anyone want to wear such a thing? this confounded her. So many times she had seen the peoples of the galaxy wearing metal, such a peculiar wanting.

Her solace? from what exactly .. mainly a peace for a while, from her plight both in finding her sister but running from a life not wanted. And from feeling very much alone. "From the heat", she finally concluded, which was true enough as well.

"I seek and find peace among the trees, among other things it seems", a small smile crossed her lips. "I am Aerin Firebrand, of Midvinter .. may I inquire as to yours?".

“The Heat?” Soliael repeated slightly, ignoring the rest of her questions. Looking up into the sky he watched the sun beat down in droves, it wasn't hot on Exocron, but he supposed that to some it might have been. When she said Midvinter he nodded somewhat in recognition. He had heard of the world of course. Being the God of Knowledge didn't really work out if you didn't have some knowledge. He didn't know much about the planet, but he knew it was cold.

The sky changed suddenly, a bright blue sky became cloudy and darkened. Fluffy white cloud changed to dark gray, and all of a sudden the temperature around them dropped. The forest became cold in an instance, and from the sky fell small white flecks of snow.

Changing the weather was not a difficult task, least of all here. The snow flurried and danced about, not a storm, but soft cooling flecks that seemed to be entire localized around the mountain forest. In the distance, one could see the sun still shinning down onto the cities and villages below, providing warmth and heat. “Is that better Aerin Firebrand of Midvinter?”

His demeanor did not change, he was like a cat, observing something he did not quite understand.

She could hardly believe what she was seeing or feeling. Her hand reached out to let the snow flakes hand in the palm of her hand, her eyes sparkled like the sun dancing within the particles of ice, just like home. The relief was instant and it show in her face and body. Her breath expelled in a soft mist before her and she suck in the ice cold air into her lungs. It sent the life force running through her and cooled her blood.

Then her head turned to sky, a study well practiced for those of Midvinter, reading the weather is paramount to ones survival. The movement and patterns of the clouds either laden with water or ice, it would determine ones path for the day. Her brow knitted as she noticed the concentration of the cloud formation, singular in the event. Something was out, different, but yet no malice. Her head lowered slowly and watched the strange man again. Is that better? he had asked as if it was he that had produce this event.

"Indeed Sir it is", she simply said now more cautious again. However, she moved around the immediate area, removed her outer jacket to allow the cold air to touch her skin through her clothes, her blood pumping cold now.

"What is this place?", she asked "How had you summon the cold?", she knew it had something to do with him, how she could not fathom. The galaxy is strange to her, and much she still needs to learn but Aerin is no fool.

“This is Exocron.” Soliael said simply with a shrug, snow beginning to fall on his mask and shoulder, flying off as he turned to face her. “This is my domain.”

Really that should have been enough of an explanation for most people. Exocron was well known to be the center of the Moross Crusade and the power base of the three living gods, chief among them, Neth the Keeper of Knowledge. That was who Soliael pretended to be, and that was what his people believed him to be.

“I believe your kind would call it the force. It is how I exert my influence upon this world.” Soliael explained to the woman as he turned to face her. The three living gods were in essence, just that, living gods. According to Moross scripture the three gods came to the mortal plane, and then inhabited three normal beings. Once they inhabited a being, the gods made them incredibly powerful in the force, then through the use of the force they performed miracles and the like for the betterment of their people.

It was a lie of course, but many people couldn't or chose not to see the lie. Preferring to live in the comfort of the gods.

He wondered if Aerin would be one of them.

“Yes that much I know .. “, she moved slightly, uncomfortably. “Domain? You speak as though you are god like, influencing the events of the planet”. Her head did not move but her eyes looked back to the skies.

“Is that why you wear that metal mask?, to hide your true form?, that of an ordinary man”, she asked wondering just what or who she had found company with. So many that wear the falsehood of the mask, either by design or through behaviour. But all beings do, to a degree, hiding what fears them the most, guarding their vulnerability from others to not appear weak. She knows full well she does.

Gods, oh who she left those behind, as a little girl she remembers the fear they evoked through the legends told to children to counter bad behaviour. A produce of man, an invention of necessity, to control society. Set them with fear and they will comply and move in a direction wished for by the authorities.

Gods do not exist for Aerin, and one did not stand before her now, that much she knew. He is either full of his own self-importance, or deranged, possibility both.

“This Force you speak of, I know only little of it. I now know of how I can do things however, you may be called God with your use of it, for I earned the title of ‘witch’ on my home planet because I have these abilities that then I could not explain even to myself”.

“To the people of this world, and many others, I am a god.” Soliael said reaching up to his face and pulling off the mask. Beneath it of course he was an ordinary man, or perhaps an extra ordinary man. After all he was a Sith Sorcerer and over two hundred years old, that wasn't exactly ordinary.

He smiled at her, a warm revealing smile. Orange eyes shone at her and short cropped black hair became covered with flecks of snow in only a few seconds. Soliael looked at her, observing her for a moment, deciding how he would explain. Perhaps she was right, perhaps he was deranged in some way, but it payed to be crazy at points.

“I wear the mask as a symbol, a way for the people to see me as something more. It is not for me that I wear it, but for them” He said the last words with a shrug. “The force is not something to be explained. It is something to accept.”

He said the words simply, a teacher speaking to a student. “One can use it in a thousand different ways, and never even touch its full potential. Perhaps those who called you witch, would dub you a god if only you knew a little more.”

Soliael shrugged slightly, as if it was an undesirable outcome.

“Titles are meaningless. It is what you call yourself that matters.” An odd bit of advice, coming from a man who claimed to be a god.

That she could understand, after all she had been called things outside the normal simply because of it. People full of superstitions and afraid of death, had to grab hold of something, anything to push away the possibility of entering a void upon death. She did not fear death.

"I am a bastard daughter of a King, in reality. Although raised by my natural mother, my 'father' was the Chieftain of my clan. I have titles of which I want none of, I could give myself a one, but it is not what others call you, it is not what you call yourself that matters, it is what you do. It is in your deeds that you earn the right to be titled".

She thought for a moment, upon his words she pondered about the force. She looked at the man, smiling with eyes of the sun. "This Force .. it is not a god is it?, it comes from within .. something untouchable save for those that feel it. Some more then others".

“The force is not a god, no.” Soliael said observing her for a moment more before finally turning away to regard something else.

He looked around the clearing, watching the snow fall and the tree's become a gilded white. He smiled slightly, he hadn't realized how much he had missed a simple thing like snow. The crunch of it beneath his boot, the touch of cold on his skin. It had been long since he had felt its grace, funny that.

“But it is omnipresent. It is everywhere, and no where at the same time.” Soliael said quietly, turning back towards Aerin. “But only a certain few can touch it, utilize it for their own gain. Some, more aptly than others as you say.”

He explained quietly. The Force was omnipresent, always there, always available. That was something all force users learned.

"I know that now", she whispered more to herself then to inform him. "I think I have been ... using it without knowledge. Many things I can do that .. until now were unexplained even to me. I have the ability to influence creatures, to change their behaviour and bend them to my will. I never miss with the bow", she said removing it from her shoulder. "And.. I hear and see things, visions and images of the past and what is to come".

She walked closer to this strange man, watching him enjoy the cold environment he had created for her. "It is a relief to be able to put a name to it now, and not think I was different or loosing my mind", she said moving in front of the man. "I am unique in a way, I feel like a new born now that I am in this wider galaxy. Not only do I not posses the knowledge to use the Force, and the ways of the galaxy strange, at least strange to me .. and technologies available and real that once my imagination could not conjure".

"I want to learn it, I want to .. gain this ability, to use the Force, but I don't know how". She had to be patient, in order to find and save her sister, she had to become stronger .. she knew that now otherwise she too would perish.

Soliael remained silent for a few moments, contemplating and thinking of possibilities. He had not had an apprentice since Evelynn, and that had gone...well not so well. Last he heard Evelynn had been on Panatha and Rattatak, tied to Kaine and Soliaels sister, though he hadn't really looked into it since then. He pondered for a moment more, reaching up and tapping the chin of his misc in an almost rhythmic motion.

Finally he turned to her.

“I will teach you.” Soliael said simply. The Force was his game, he was no blademaster, no expert in the realms of bows, swords, or lightsabers, but he was a Master of the Force. He knew every facet, every trick, everything one needed to dub themselves a Master of the force.

He had studied for years, centuries now, and perhaps an apprentice would do him good.

Aerin stood in the falling snow her eyes never leaving the face of the man before her. Finally, she had a Master one powerful and willing to training her to become all she could be. A slight smile turned up the corner of her mouth as he relied to the positive. She bowed her head in respect before standing tall again.

"Thank you .. ", she hesitated. "You have not told me your name, Master .. how do I address you. And I am ready to begin when you are".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom