Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Long and Arduous Recovery... (Galaar/Canal/Joshua/Anyone Else PM to join)

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Weeks had passed since Galaar's head injury and the clone was now in the medical facilities on Zenith Prime. Every day a Rydian Vong sent by High Priest Grag arrived and performed what seemed to be agonizing shaping on Galaar. The biotechnology, now augmented to function with humans slowly stitched his brain back together. The process was, however, painful and taxing to the Clone and even the Shaper was skeptical if it Galaar would awake the same man or even wake up at all...

The moment of truth came on the third day of the fourth week. It was an hour after a long (and painful for Galaar) shaping process. The bio-scanners were reporting a sudden spike in brain activity in the frontal lobe and other damaged sections. The biotech had slowly melded the brain back together.

The clone began to stir in the bed he had laid in for the last month. The P.N.D was buzzing Commando Calico none-stop in an attempt to garner Ca'ika's attention that Galaar was waking and fortune was shining down upon them. Who was currently, as fair as the droid knew in a diplomatic meeting solely with the Jedi Grandmaster.

(Sorry for the shoddy start, not good at starters.)

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"]

The meeting had been, to put it quaintly, a rousing success. The Republic and the Confederacy now had a partnership that Calico was determined to make last. He sat in his desk, munching on hot-buns as he milled over the events that had taken place. Master DragonsFlame was likely still around, as the Republic congregation had been permitted a few days to rest up and explore Zenith Prime. It would prove to be a safe haven for them if ever they needed it.

His feet were up on the table as his personal comm buzzed; a simple message that meant so very much. "Canal, ner'vod, Galaar is waking.' He whispered excitedly into the personal comm of one of his Sergeants. The boy had become the little brother to Calico and Galaar's group, a man to fill the rift left by Comic's death. Calico would never get used to not having his pod-brother around, but Canal did his best to fill the role, even if he had no clue he was doing it.

He heaved himself up on his feet, combat boots squeaking against the luminescent floors as he took his personal elevator down to the medical ward. Fort Tal'vera was set in the mountains, and an amazing view of snow capped peaks greeted him through the elevator's window. It occured to him that Joshua had been present when Galaar was wounded, and would possibly care about his condition.

"Master DragonsFlame. One of our wounded from the Akala event is stirring. If you would like to see him, we will be in Medical bay B, room F-2."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"]

After what happened a long time ago when Calico and his team were facing against Akala and her number game, there was an unfortunate accident that happened during that event: Galaar receiving bolt to the head after Bluejay tried to kill Calico that almost gave Canal a heart attack.

Now the clone was in the medical facilities of Zenith Prime and it was a long time that he stayed in those facilities. All the doctors and a Vong High Priest did a lot of voodoo and other crap to Galaar so he could once again be on the battlefield to kill people. Then a day of hope came. But the bad news was that Galaar would have to go in a painful process on order to accelerate the healing.

Suddenly, Canal received a message of Calico, telling him that Galaar was regaining conscious. Canal, who was working out when that happened, grabbed his armor and left the gym heading to the medical facilities. "I'm on my way, sir"

He saw one of Galaar's doctors and asked him if he could see his brother. "Yes," said the doctor and led Canal to Galaar's room. He was left alone with Galaar and broke the silence saying, "So, I guess your head ain't hard headed after all." In a joking tone of voice.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member=Calico Tal'Verda]

The Grandmaster was meditating in the quarters assigned for him on the planet. He was happy about how the meeting had turned out, and was grateful for the CIS's hospitality. His rest, however, was interrupted by the intercom.

Ah, the Akala event. A precarious ordeal if there ever was one. He would be happy to reunite with a couple of "veterans" from the ordeal, and make sure this one was alright.

"On my way" he answered back as he stood to his feet. He allowed John to climb up his arm and onto his shoulder as he made his way to the mentioned area.

He nudged the shoulder of @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] with a chuckle as he came in, before looking at Canal. "So, is THIS one housetrained?" he jibbed toward Calico, a wide grin crossing his face. A little bit of humor didn't hurt.

He looked over at @[member="CC-117 Canal"] again and nodded in respect. "I hope your wounds have healed properly, sir?" he asked, recognizing the man from the Akala incident.

House trained? Canal was house trained all right. Why do you think Im in the military and was out into harcore training. Canal knew exactly who the Jedi was and if anyone didn't knew who he was, then they are a fool. "Ah, Master Dragonsflame. Its an honor to meet you. How were the negotiations?" Canal said as he saluted to Calico and the Jedi. "And yes, I am well trained. Better than your pet dragon, I believe." He said with a joking tone as he responded back to the Jedi's question.

He was confused when the Grandmaster asked him about his wounds. He didn't member being all critically wounded during the event. "I believe you are referring to my brother, Galaar." He said as he indicated toward Galaar. He had his helmet in one hand and orseredy two seats for both his brother and the Grandmaster.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

He chuckled a bit. "Ah, my apologies" he said. "The Grand Marshal didn't alert me to who had been wounded, but I do remember seeing you both during the ordeal" he explained. He nodded over to @[member="Galaar CC-252"] with an apologetic expression. "My apologies to you as well, good sir. I really do hope you make a swift recovery" he said. Blast, he didn't see clones very often. He had a difficult time telling them apart if they weren't Jorin Clones. He would learn, in time.

"Trust me, my dragon is VERY well trained" he said with a slight smirk. "He's not that old and already he's learning to burn the flesh off a man" he half joked, glad to see the tone change to that of humor. He patted John on the head, who looked over at the three men, seeming to recognize them.

"The negotiations went well, thank you for asking" he added. "I look forward to working with you guys in the future"

@[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

The medbay was cramped, to say the least. Doctors went about doing their business, tending to dozens of patients throughout one of the many medical facilities housed in Fort Tal'verda alone. Zenith Prime was built to last, and as such, had some of the best medical facilities south of Coruscant. Even those who were declared brain dead, such as Galaar, were not lost causes here.

"He won't soil the floors, still has a thing for pissing though. Likes to mark his territory." The Marshal gave a slight shrug, an amused smile on his face at the bit of banter.

Ga'ika is going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay.

Calico slipped into Galaar's room. It wasn't the harsh shock of white that most hospitals were. The room was a mix of warm olive and tan colors, a holovision imbedded in the adjacent wall, and a rather large view of Tal'verda's frozen peaks out the window. It had begun to snow again.

The Marshal walked gently up to Galaar, slipping his jacket off and setting it on top of the side table, and spoke. "Su cuy ner'vod. Can you hear me?"

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar's eyes slowly opened at the sounds of voices down the hall and in the room. His head pounded like it never had before and his whole body slowly buzzed with a hazy, near unbearable pain. Vong shaping was an incredibly painful process no matter how you sliced and diced it.

Then he heard Calico. His brother, whom reminded him of his last waking memory, diving in front of a blaster bolt. "Am I dead?" The question was delayed and the speech heavily slurred but he still managed the speak. The droid's had disconnected all non-necessary systems and had restrained him in case his awakening was violent. He was too weak to be violent though, a month of bed rest had degraded his muscles and his nervous system was still trying to re-adjust itself.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"]

"Dead? Not yet ner'vod, though at the rate you're going, you're certainly getting there."

He clamped a gentle hand on the wounded man's shoulder. Galaar was still weak, and he had no desire to crush him. "We dragged you out. You're in FleetOps right now. Welcome home." The Marshal's smile was brimming. He glanced over at Josh and Canal. "Master DragonsFlame has signed to an Alliance with us. We have mutual military defense...when you're up and at it, you'll deploy alongside him and the Jedi."

Calico paused; now wasn't the time to give something akin to a briefing. "I've been...so very worry Ga'ika. You shouldn't have jumped in front of that shot."

Galaar CC-252

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar listened to Calico closely. He had to think to register it all as if some part of his brain needed forcing to function. It wasn't the case, it was that fact that he had just recovered and his body was still reeling. The last comment hit him instantly though.

He slowly and cautiously sat up in the bed; his muscles obviously straining like thousands of limp wires as he did so. "I made..." The words slowly slipped from his tongue before coming back to him. "I lost one Sergeant. I wasn't about to lose another."

Canal went over to Galaar's side of his bed, next to Calico. Canal smiled at and said, "You're crazy, Galaar. I've never thought that you could handle a shot like that. I wonder what else you can take on." He looked at the restraints that the droids pit on Galaar. He frowned and looked at the droid, "Take off those restraints. He ain't gonna do any harm to us," and the droid responded with a no. "That's an order. Unless you want to be replaced and destroyed," Canal said as he threatened the droid. Even though droids didn't had any organic feelings, they still didn't want to be destroyed.

The droid obeyed and took off the restraints. "I agree with Calico, Galaar. But at the same time you saved Calico's life. So, I don't know who to agree with."

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

That was...touching, to say the least. Calico set a firm hand on Galaar's shoulder, offering to pull him up into a sitting position. "And I'm not losing anymore Commandos. How are you feeling ner'vod?"

Guilt fought relief in an emotional tidal wave within the Grand Marshal. He had caused this. On the other hand, Galaar would be alright and on his feet soon. The soldier leaned down and enveloped his brother in a big loving hug, not caring who say the display of family affection. "We'll set you on Kamino until you're one hundred percent." He mumbled. "That sound alright?"

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Canal didn't mind seeing his big brothers hugging each other. It was something that they would do, especially since they knew each other for a long time. Canal then heard something about putting Galaar on Kamino for a while.

"And I, too, will be there also. So that way you can have more rest and figure what we're going to do next, Commander. And, with your permission, can you grant me the privelage of having my own squad, sir?" It was true that Calico needed rest after what he and everyone else had been through. Besides, someone needed to look after Galaar and Canal didn't want the big guy dead or injured again.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom