Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lone Call [Mandalorian Gathering]

C O N C O R D D A W N

Standing within the main room of a homestead, I tapped on a datapad information that would be necessary for today. I had made a calling across the holonet. Extending my hand with my name to any who wished to come. Breathing in, I couldn't hold myself anymore. I sat down with a plop into the recliner. The other Mandalorians who were already here graced me with their presence. One who I knew already, Killian, was as much as a hunter, and a warrior as his hair was red. That said a lot since he was a ginger.

He walked over to me and shook his head. The green eyes piercing at me as though I wasn't allowed to do that.

"You know others will be here soon?"
"Then I will stand when they come. Till then, I rest."
"You haven't done anything yet."
"Then son, please tell me how you must feel about trying to call on every Mandalorian past, and present to come for this calling? When some may even be Dar'manda, or even exiled from any form of us?"
"Why invite them then?"
"Because its a second chance. The Mandalorians can't die. Mandalorians have been surviving since the ages before Revan, and even towards the starting of the Jedi. I want any who can call upon themselves to call themselves a mandalorian to see if we are worth a shot."
"And if nobody comes?"
"Then I will carry the mantle of the Mandalorians for as long as I can."

The young man looked at me. Surprised with my reaction. Considering that I had only become one after I had became a Master of the Force, I was still barely considered anything better than an Initiate when I had been with the Mandalorian Clans. However, they failed.

Why?

Because the clans couldn't come together. They only worried about themselves. There were still clans that clung together barely past their expiration date. I felt it was my duty as a Mandalorian, and to our possible Mandalore to bring them together. We fight for ourselves, yet we also fight for our Vod. We fight for our kin. Be it of blood, or of name, or from different families all together.

This calling was to anyone who wanted to be a Mandalorian. This call was to any past mandalorians seeking refuge. This was to any Mandalorian wanting a place to call home. A place where their names meant something. I needed all the help I could get.

(OOC: This thread is labeled as open, HOWEVER this is a calling for any who wish to be Mandalorian, or if you wish to come and argue with me IC about the Mandalorians needing to die off. As of this moment, there will be no fighting. No drawing of weapons without paying a severe consequence. Please be reasonable. )

[member="Suravi Teigra"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Rohak Varad"], [member="Kami Meran"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Ijaat Mereel"], [member="Lok Munin"], [member="Gherron Vael"] (I tagged any who showed any kind of interest, or anyone who I felt may find a need to be here. You do not have to post or respond.) OOC THREAD

Space over Bandomeer

Aedan Miles looked up as his communications officer informed him that they had recieved word from one Xander Carrick requesting their or more precisely his presence on Concord Dawn. Thinking about it for a moment the young man finally shrugged and made a gesture calmly. "Very well take us out to Concord Dawn inform Carrick that we will arrive as soon as possible." There was a flurry of actvity as a portion of his force broke off to go on patrol routes they had been assigned and Aedan on the Alor-class left heading for Concord Dawn. Today would be interesting that was for sure it would let him know if the Mandalorians still hated him or not. Standing Aedan left the bridge making his way to his private quarters to don his armor and prepare for the meeting of a lifetime.

[member="Xander Carrick"]

Concord Dawn

He had finished packing- he had nothing left in Mandalorian space but memories at this point. He rolled his shoulders, cracking his neck as he received the message. He checked his watch. His shuttle to leave the planet didn't leave for a few hours. He was unarmored- nothing would outwardly mark him as a Mandalorian besides those who knew him by his face. The journey to[member="Xander Carrick"]'s homestead was uneventful, the taxi dropping him off near the entrance. The Jedi made the driver nervous. He could understand why. Jedi made him nervous too.

He paid him in cash- no point in leaving a money trail. He stepped out, adjusting the leather jacket he wore. He walked forward, his coat protecting him from the waning winter's winds. And he knocked on the door. He wasn't here to answer the call, but to tell Carrick personally of why he wasn't going to. Maybe ever again.

It wasn't hard for Nolan to decide to answer [member="Xander Carrick"]'s call to arms. Born in the midst of battle, forged in blood and fire, Nolan was Mandalorian to the core, and it is that upbringing that had him exiled in years past. He spoke out against those who only slight to help themselves and it nearly cost him his life. The pain still lingered in the edges of his nerves, where they now met metal and electronics.

Nolan had been at home, the trip was short enough that Nolan didn't sleep. He didn't do much of that these days anyway. Though when the call came, it was as if the Force itself had intervened. He was packing his gear, and before he knew it, he'd left the planet....

He had to take the chance he'd be welcomed, either way, he wasn't about to let this opportunity pass him by.

[member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Xander Carrick"]

4RVUumk.jpg
M U N I N ' Y A I M
Concord Dawn, Mandalore Sector

For many months now, the Stronghold had laid dormant.

With the monumental collapse came...silence. The once lively halls of the Munin Homestead had grown deathly quiet. For some, mourning was the culprit - brothers were lost in the near destruction of Mandalore, sisters were lost in the fallout of the Clans, and an identity was lost when it was all said and done. These were the broken, empty souls who were but a mirror of the Mandalorian spirit. It was as ash: once a vibrant inferno, reduced to literal dust in the wind. Yet. There was another source of silence within the Sole Ruler's halls. A quiet which came, not from sorrow, but determination. For these men and women, there were no words to speak - for their liege had not yet uttered a command. For these, there was no raising of sabers - for [member="Vilaz Munin"] had not yet announced a Crusade.

Until now.

The silence was broken. The light of day was joined by a thunderous sound within the Stronghold. Voices, boisterous and proud, rang out from within the walls. Some were orders being barked across the space, whilst others were eager conversations. Mandalore the Exile had spoken. A new cause, a Faithful endeavor, was to be undertaken. But first, it fell upon the Sole Ruler's shoulders to rally the remnants of his people. Such was his duty. Such was the burden that accompanied the Crown. For many minutes, the thunder boomed and rolled within the Munin Stronghold, culminating with a final shout. It, for a moment, quieted all others...and then it was repeated. Over and over again, the order was uttered until it traversed the whole of the Homestead.

Open the Gates! Open the Gates!

The task was undertaken by two vode of sound body. Together, they heaved the mammoth doors of the fortress open, revealing a rare glimpse inside to the eyes of Concord Dawn. Finally, the silence had subsided...and in its place, a horde of speeders stood ready. Together they hummed with energy, forming two lines behind a vibrant lead: Mand'alor himself. Behind him, a brethren rider held high a new banner. It waved in the morning air, revealing the symbol under which they united. Lifetimes past, it was emblazoned upon the very chest of Mand'alors past...and now, it rallied the faithful. The Aka'liit. And this day, they would ride together...they would greet [member="Xander Carrick"] and those he beckoned.

They would unite. They would survive together.

At once, the signal was given and the congregation of Aka'liit roared out of the gates. They blazed a trail through amber waves, swiftly cutting across the vibrance of Concord Dawn. Given their heading and pace, it would only take a matter of minutes before they arrived. Soon, those who had arrived at the rented Homestead would notice a din drawing ever near. It would originate from the horizon...and a banner would signal their coming. The Mand'alor was upon them. His Faithful were upon them. The future of the Mandalorian people was about to begin!

[member="Malok"] | [member="Agenor Dyre"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Artemis Lux"] | [member="Briika Tor"] | [member="Cabur Aranar"] | [member="James Solaris"] | [member="Mór-rioghain"] | [member="Odion Kryze"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"]

[member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Nolan Detta"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Xander Carrick"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="The Faithful"],

Among those who answered Xander's call was HK. It was a long time since he officially served in Mandalorian army, he did not follow the orders of Mandalorian commanders since the days of Ancient Republic when Mandalore the Ultimate waged crusades against the Jedi and the droid was there right alongside him as his trusted assassin and guard. But things have changed since then, the droid eventually switched sides and served under the Jedi, then they kicked him out when they realized how much of a better Jedi he was than them, not having to deal with physical urges that would lead into hypocrisy, at least that was how he viewed it, and since then the machine was doing his own thing.

Still, he always came to aid Mandalorians when they needed aid, often without them even asking for help from him, he was there during the Siege of Mandalore when Sith and the Death Watched dropped a nuke on Keldabe, glassing part of the Mandalore, he was the one that then brought the man responsible for it to justice and dragged him before the Manda'lore himself. The droid joined Mandalorians in their later crusades and campaigns against the various Sith factions, and recently he came to Mandalore with a relief fleet to help the survivors of the cataclysm that devastate their home-world. HK still considered himself to be a Mandalorian, it was them who freed him from his initial master and started the chain of events that lead to his self-emancipation, under their tutelage he was born, he still followed the ancient Mandalorian Code of Honor, the Supercommando Codex, and Resol'nare whenever he could, although for convenience sake he spoke Mandalorian when he knew the other would understand it.

So there he was, at the gates of Carrick' homestead where the meeting would take place, clad in his latest black armor, of organic design and material, that covered him and hid away the pale surface of his Phrik vessel body entirely, a black heavy cloak hanged off of his shoulders and cascaded down his back, on his belt hanged a pair of magnetic revolvers and a lightsaber for protection sake, lately he found out that he did not need any other weapons than that.

He would knock on the homestead door, if it was open he would enter, if someone would need to check him for security then so be it but it was not like other Mandalorians did not carry weapons on them so that should have been fine. One way or another he would step inside the homestead and head into the main room where Xander was,

"Xander Carrick?"

The droid would greet him as he entered, the pair of his glowing red eyes would be faintly visible from the fleshy membrane that covered his faceplate,

"You called?"

Ever sense the internal stress of Mandalore and the stagnation of the Clans, Clan Munin resided on Concord Dawn without making a noise. They were quiet and had no idea what to do other than stay static and fade away to the wind. But deep down in their iron souls and hearts, they knew they couldn't live life like this. It wasn't even life to begin with. It was hell and purgatory. It was the way of life dar'manda were imagined to live with every sing day, and Vilaz would not allow that be plagued in the veins and arteries of his clan and family. He wouldn't. What kind of father, husband, Alor, and Mand'alor would Vilaz be if he allowed their traditions be lost and forgotten?

A dishonorable and disgraceful one, that's for sure.

But all that would soon come to a permanent end. Because in the end each and every living warrior of Clan Munin were Faithful to their roots in which they were proud of and held no ounce of shame about.

After racing out of the open gates of the Munin Homestead on the speeders and swoop bikes, the main group had arrived at the homestead where a [member="Xander Carrick"] was along with some other Mandalorians that had arrived much earlier than him. The Concordian hopped off from his vehicle and walked towards the habitat, entering through its doors.

"Anyone who dares to call themselves as a warrior of Mandalore should and would answer any kind of rally," the warrior directed his attention to Xander and the others in the room.

[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="The Faithful"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="HK-36"]

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
C O N C O R D D A W N

concorddawn.png

Artemis Lux would answer the call. They all would answer the call. The sons and daughters of Mandalore, once strewn across the galaxy like stars, converged on Concord Dawn together—one single constellation at last. It was exhilarating.

Artemis could not remember the last time she had felt so utterly whole.

A noblewoman, a diplomat, and a warrior queen in all but title—Artemis, the woman they called the Lioness, had once known everything. She had been a devoted wife to a fearsome soldier, and the mother of his strong son. She had dutifully stepped into the political role that her own mother had once filled, fighting for Mandalore with the acuity of her mind and the strength of her voice—and later, with the ruthlessness of her beskad. When war came, Artemis had traded her diplomat’s robes for beskar’gam and fought at her countrymen’s side, grieving every loss and celebrating every painfully fought victory. Never had a woman’s heart beat so fiercely for her people as Artemis’.

Now, Artemis had nothing. Her husband and child were dead, and along with them, Mandalore . . . but only Mandalore, the physical. The idea of Mandalore—the living, breathing organism eternally preserved by honor, duty, loyalty, and tradition—still raged like wildfire in the pit of Artemis’ belly. The idea of Mandalore is what drove her, and the Aka’liit, ceaselessly onward. It was the shimmering beacon that guided their caravan of swoop bikes and speeders through the thick brush of wilderness, back to where it all began . . . Homestead Munin.

The Faithful had arrived.

“I will answer for Mandalore.”

The voice of a woman rang out into the homestead like a call to arms. It was the voice of a woman whose first language was not Galactic Basic. The cultured accent, twisting and curling off her tongue, was exotic and unmistakable. The voice could have belonged only to a highborn, fire-blooded daughter of Mandalore.

Artemis, armored from head to toe in her gleaming beskar’gam, had entered the meeting hall.

All at once, she reached up and removed her helmet. The crowning glory of her obsidian curls tumbled free down her shoulders, and she looked upon the gathering of her countrymen with her face revealed. The vivid emerald of her eyes held them strong, as if they all were ghosts who might suddenly slip away. What she did not say was, 'It's good to see you,' but the sentiment was writ plain across her features. There was no place for softness here, no room for weakness—but deep inside the well of her fighter’s soul, Artemis could not quell the warming sensation that she was home.

At last.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="The Faithful"] | [member="Nolan Detta"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Xander Carrick"]

The smell in the air was as close to the scent of Enceri Kad would ever find again. His journey had been a hard and lonely one which had culminated in the loss of everything he held dear. It had attempted to claim what little family he had left, but his sister, nieces and a grand nephew remained. A nephew had been born, but he was allowed to remain with his father. In Kad's objection it had caused a rift between the siblings, one that was only recently repaired.

Seeing the memorial to his parents had been a difficult thing. Kad had seen much death. His own wife and two sons had been taken from him. No attempt to fill that void had succeeded. What was a mandalorian without family? It was his duty to ensure the Tor line did not end with him, but that weight had led to his drinking, a problem which he kept from his sister for now.

The faithful were gathering together. It was time to rebuild, a responsibility which came before his own. Kad's loyalty had always been to Manda'lor, though some the recent leaders had been the reason for the few numbers which existed now. It was a new day, a different day. At least Kad continued to tell himself as he drove the speeder bike to the place where all were to gather.

He followed the faithful in. Their new leader led the way. His new brother in law, something Kad was still adjusting to. His green beskar'gam, accented with yellow, clanked as he took each step into the structure that would serve as their meeting place. There was some posturing, but the goran remains quiet until it was time display his loyalty.

"For Manda'lor," he shouted as he removed his buy'ce and clipped it to his belt.

[member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="HK-36"] [member="The Faithful"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Briika Tor"]

Preliat looked solemn for a moment, looking between his gathered Mandalorians. He was unarmored- unarmed (save for one small thing), and alien to them all at this point. He adjusted his jacket, before his chin came up. He was here to speak what he believed. He was not ashamed. There was no shame in doing what he believed was right for him. The Mandalorians had asked too much of him, and had taken more than they gave to him. He stared at Vilaz as he addressed the group. He had to at least give them a reason, an explanation- if they even asked for it.

"I refuse to answer the call- and any more hereafter."

One sentence, one ruling- had totally, entirely turned the entirety of his life around. Nothing would ever be the same. Most Mandalorians could never forgive him for what he said there. But then again, he could never forgive them- so it was a fair trade. He waited for a moment, before stepping away from the group. He felt conflicted in a way no one could describe. But he had to leave. He couldn't stay, he couldn't bear to see the looks of betrayal and the questioning of it. The Mandalorians would be fine without him. He'd be fine.

They just wouldn't be the same.

Preliat stopped near the entrance, reaching into his jacket. He produced a Beskar tomahawk- his beskar Tomahawk. He laid it at Vilaz's feet, before walking away. His gaze turned to Artemis, who in many ways, was very much like him. But Artemis' pain had strengthened her resolve for the Mando'ade- Preliat's had brought him to ruins, disillusioned the veteran of too many wars. He turned away, and walked to the entrance. A speeder was waiting for him. There was no point in staying. He began to make his way to the speeder, running a hand over and through his hair. He had a lot to think about. A lot to remember. And a lot to forget.

[member="Kad Tor"][member="Artemis Lux"]@HK-36[member="Kad Tor"]

Many came. As soon as I spoke, people began to show up. Faces I had seen before, or even heard of. Many came. Exclaiming for our Manda'lor. As the first man walked in, I came and grasped his forearm heartily as a sign of welcome. There was no need for me to be cold. No need for me to be rude. These people were my family. A family I had grown to love. A family I had grown to care for as much as my own children and wife. Looking around as I heard many more coming, even an entire motorcade that showed up. I smiled as I saw them dismount and join us inside through the window. Many came to my call. I had honestly expected many a handful. Instead, we got warriors that could fight 20 men on their own. I felt... proud to see many.

Even the man himself, Manda'lor showed up. Stating any who didn't heed the call was not a Mandalorian. It was until a man, dressed much like us, who spoke out. Saying he wouldn't. I felt heartbroken, but understood. Many had been removed from their home. Many who had lost so much. Nodding my head as he walked away, I spoke up before anyone else.

"He will be free to leave without harm."

Looking over everyone, I continued as the man left through the door. Clearly thinking over the decisions he was making.

"Everyone has a choice to follow, or to leave. I will not force you to stay. However, should you join, become part of our family, then betray us, you will receive no such mercy."

Looking over everyone, Seeing the faces that wanted vengeance, that wanted redemption. I even saw a droid join in. While I was not inclined to allow it, I was open to who could join. With how spread we were, I would take anyone. I didn't care if you were blue, purple, or made of steel. If you showed value to our family, and honored our livelyhood and culture, I would trust you.

I smiled deeply as I stood in my armor. Closing my eyes for a moment, I spoke up.

"I welcome all who come. Thank you for heeding the call to me. I will be honest, I did not expect all of you to come. You all surprise me. But down to business. I call all who are willing to support in the reformation of the Mandalorians. The Clans failed. They fall when they should stand together. Yet we have separation among our kind. We find the clans only vowing for themselves. Its time to fix this. Clans should not come before our leader, or our code. Our blood is thicker than molten beskar."

Looking over the many people. I walked towards the center of the room.

"Join me in reforging our weapons and armor. Help me build our people up. This is no easy feat. We will not finish overnight. This will take time, and it won't be pretty. Blood, sweat, and tears will be there every waking moment. Many of our names will be forgotten. Many will drift apart, but our name, as Mandalorians, The Sons and Daughters of our Manda'lor will live on."

Closing my eyes, I wanted to breathe. Yet, I couldn't out of pure nervousness. I was scared to ask this, yet I did. Even before my Soul leader.

"Will you join me?"

[member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Kad Tor"], [member="Artemis Lux"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="HK-36"], [member="The Faithful"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Aedan Miles"],

Malok was searching.

Admittedly, he did not even realize that his quest had begun. For so long, his gaze has been set upon Mal'kerr and the brother who sat upon her throne. For too long, his motivation had been vengeance...but to what end? Would putting a Hammer to Striok restore his decades lost? Would slaying the man fulfill him? No. The Behemoth knew this...yet still he hungered for revenge. But there was a small part of him - a mustard seed - that thought beyond Striok. It begged him to think about what would come after...to think about who Malok would become should he succeed.

Would he rule? Would he wander? What would become of the Ma'alkerrite. That small part of him was searching for the answer.

Maybe.

Just Maybe.

The answer rested within his grasp.

You see, Malok was curious - even now. Having grown up a stone's throw away from Mandalore, his home and people were no stranger to Clan rule. In truth, he could not remember a day when the Mandalorians had not been a presence on his homeworld. However, despite their proximity, they had never been apart of his life. The culture was but a neighbor - a reality of everyday but not a vital component. Malok was curious, though, to see what would become of them. They were always so strong. They were always a force to be reckoned with. So, what now would become of them in the wake of disaster?

They would become even stronger.

The words of [member="Vilaz Munin"], uttered on Dxun, now rang within Malok's ears. He tightened his grip upon the banner which rested in his hand: a small honor given to him this day. He did not know why the Mand'alor had chosen him for the duty of bearing the Aka'liit standard...Perhaps he sensed the search within the Behemoth? Whatever the case, the symbol was a physical representation of what was unfolding before his eyes. Each soul in the rented homestead wanted to be apart of something greater. Every man, every woman...they all wanted to restore their shattered culture. They all wanted to do it right this time.

They were stronger than Revenge. Better than Vengeance.

What was this feeling?

It was if fire had begun to rage within Malok's stomach. His body felt as light as air, his grip tightened all the more...Xander. Vilaz. Everyone. Their presence moved the Behemoth. Their words were tugging at that tiny part of him.

"I will join you." The words boomed like thunder, erupting as a proud declaration as the banner rose in his grasp.

And that small part of him...that tiny, mustard seed...began to grow into something greater.

[member="HK-36"], [member="Artemis Lux"], [member="Xander Carrick"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Kad Tor"], [member="Aedan Miles"]

Aedan was leaning against the wall calmly his violet eyes gleaming and flickering as he watched and listened. There were many things he didn't do some of which involved trusting Jedi and working with them. He crossed his arms as he listened his gaze flickering around the room slowly as he observed everyone there were a few things Aedan was good at and reading people was not one. His eyes flicked towards the current Mand'alor to see how the man was taking all of this tapping his fingers against his forearm he decided to watch and listen for now not giving any kind of agreement or disagreement at the moment. He starts to think about what would be best for his clan eyes flicking upwards as he thinks about the majority of his clan scattered around Mandalorian space patrolling the borders. His specialty never strayed into the area of rebuilding he was generally the one causing things to need to be rebuilt never having to rebuild himself. Tapping his fingers against his forearm he sighed to himself leaning more heavily against the wall.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Malok"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
It was a great honor for Mesh'la Dral to ride out with the Aka'liit from the Munin Stronghold on a speeder bike much like she used to have on Mandalore traveling side by side with her mother's younger brother, [member="Kad Tor"], to a gathering called by fellow Mandalorian [member="Xander Carrick"].

As the Faithful entered the rented homestead for this purpose, the red and black armored baar'ur took up her place behind and off to the left of her stepfather, [member="Vilaz Munin"], and near others of their group such as [member="Artemis Lux"] and [member="Malok"]. [member="Briika Tor"] should have been here, but she had chosen to stay at the stronghold with Valen, Mesh's toddler son, and Kayra, the Munin and Tor's infant daughter, who both had bad colds.

The petite blonde removed her buy'ce and clipped it to the utility belt that was slung low on her slender waist. Bright blue eyes perused the room and settled upon [member="Nolan Detta"], her late father's brother. She had not seen him in some time nor his family. A respectful nod was given, then the young Faithful listened thoughtfully as the meeting was started with the bold question to all who answered the call by Carrick: Will you join me?

Mesh knew what was in her heart and mind, and also what was in Briika's. "Elek!" she simply uttered in Mando'a; the language of their people.

[member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="HK-36"]

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
"I will join you—today, and for the rest of my days."

Artemis stepped forward, falling in line between [member="Kad Tor"] and the behemoth [member=Malok], completing the half-moon circle of friends—nay, family—who gathered before [member="Xander Carrick"]. She rested her golden helmet against the slender curve of her hip and, for a moment, simply looked around. No one could hide from the vivid green of her eyes. Artemis, loyal and true to the core, would memorize and come to know her new family. These were the faces that she would fight for as warrior, the faces that she would advocate for as a diplomat, the faces whom she would love and comfort with every fiercely maternal instinct that still imbued her soul.

One by one, the Lioness looked over them all.

First, [member="Preliat Mantis"]. Artemis recognized something familiar in his solemn voice, in the shape of his features and in the duskiness of his eyes . . . something that she had seen in someone else before. Her mind recovered the memory in seconds: [member="Silas Mantis"]. Artemis had met the younger Mantis only briefly, but she would not forget his kindness, nor his devotion to tracking down the very man who stood before her now. When Preliat's gaze met her own, Artemis offered him a nod of solemn understanding. "I've seen your brother," She murmured, her voice low and soft, only for him to hear. "He's well. Take care of yourself, Mantis."

With that, Artemis returned her attention to the meeting hall.

[member=Malok] commanded her gaze next. He was unlike anything Artemis had ever seen. Back on Dxun, the sheer enormity of his presence had nearly knocked her down. Now, as she tilted back her dark head and looked up at him, and at the banner he held, she felt nothing but warmth. Malok, Artemis knew, would make a good friend.

​From Malok, Artemis turned to [member="Kad Tor"]. She was not well-acquainted with Kad, but she had learned enough on Dxun to know that he had lost his wife and two sons, just as she had lost her husband and her only son. Loss seemed to be the common thread that bound so many of their people together . . . but now, both Artemis and Kad had hope. She offered him a subdued smile, small enough to just pull at the dimple in her cheek, before flickering the brilliant emerald of her gaze back to the others.

[member="Vilaz Munin"], their inexorably lionhearted Mand'alor. He was a strong man, and a good leader, with the fierce love of a true Mandalorian woman at his back. [member="Briika Tor"] was not present, but during their time on Dxun, Artemis had grown quite fond of the woman—an accomplished medic and devoted mother—and considered her a friend. Artemis' smile grew as her eyes settled next on [member="Mesh'la Dral"], who was nearly the spitting image of Briika, her mother. Both were blonde with kind eyes. Artemis would treat any child of Briika's—any child of Mandalore—with the same care as if they were her own. They were Mandalore's future. Perhaps one day, Artemis thought, she would know motherhood again herself.

Her eyes completed their sweep over the others in due turn:

[member="Aedan Miles"], the quiet one.

[member=HK-36], the noble droid.

And, of course, the force of nature that was [member="Xander Carrick"] . . . the very reason for their gathering, the very reason they were all here.

"On my honor, as a daughter of Mandalore," Artemis said, her voice as clear as a bell. "I pledge myself to all of you."

[member=HK-36] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Nolan Detta"] | [member="Kad Tor"] | [member=Malok]

An old warrior was Preliat and was true to the Resol'nare, but his words somewhat surprised the Munin. The old wolf was always one of the first of many to answer Mand'alor's call, and now he had changed. Completely. The virus that plagued and sickened the Mandalorians was within him, or at least that's what the Exiled Sole Ruler believed. A virus that caused warriors to become stagnant and not listen to what their Sole Ruler had to say. It made him look like a figurehead rather than an active leader. All power taken from the mantle and checked and balanced with the presence of the cursed Alor'e Council. He'd like to think the Senate of the deceased Republic was much more competent than the Council itself.

"Another gifted warrior cursed," the warrior said in response to Preliat with a sigh. It was a shame and sadness to see the Mantis become so different.

"If you will be like those that have failed us all, leave now." It was all Vilaz could say to Preliat. Knowing that the man was violent and full of pride, if there were any traces of it within the veteran, the Munin discretely had his guard up in case something unfortunate broke out. There was little time for the Mandalorians to bicker amongst each other.

With that the Mand'alor then focused on Xander. The man spoke in truth. The clans did indeed failed. They failed Mandalore and her children. The sense of democracy and politics had wasted them all and caused them to scatter, only caring for themselves. The Munin found that very, very selfish. He had cursed those clans with his lips that had turned their back on the Faithful ones. While there was nothing wrong with having a clan, it was absolutely shameful to put clan before Mand'alor. Many of the clans made the Sixth Tenet of the Resol'nare have no meaning at all, and that was a grand offense to the genuine Mandalorians and their ancestors. Only the Strongest shall rule, but that phrase seemed to be long forgotten to the masses.

"Xander," the Munin said as he approached the Carrick, "what you have said is true and right. Many of those that we could call brother and sister have turned their backs on us and failed us all. They put their own ideals before their leader that they swore to follow and obey when picking up the name of Mandalorian. I am also on a similar quest as you are. We are small and few, but we are strong and resilient as we are Faithful to our roots and heritage."

Vilaz then turned to the behemoth of Malok and respectfully took the banner from the humanoid ape, and again turned his attention to Xander.

"I ask you that you become my Warmaster, my right hand man. The Aka'liit needs warriors like you to bring us back to our former glory."

[member="Mesh'la Dral"] [member="Aedan Miles"] @Malok @Xander Carrick [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Nolan Detta"] @HK-36 @Artemis Lux

Aedans eyes darkened at that last announcement his eyes lowering to the floor as he started to think more his eyes flicking back and forth as thoughts raced through his mind. He looked up towards the Jedi who had just been named Warmaster his eyes narrowed before he looks around the room turning towards the door he stopped glancing over his shoulder as he looked directly at his Mand'alor. "I will follow you Mand'alor as duty and honor dictate but I don't and won't trust Jedi they have betrayed me more times than the Sith have. Doesn't mean I like the Sith more than them in my opinion both groups are following old habits and seeking pointless wars. When you call to fight I will fight when you call to rebuild I will do what I can to help. I answer your calls but I will not answer to a Jedi." With his piece said Aedan went to leave stopping he looked at [member="Nolan Detta"] before gesturing indicating he would wait for the meeting to end before leaving sense most of the time he and the Wrecking Ball worked together. With that he walked out of the door and towards the shuttle that would ferry him to where the command ship of his defensive fleet rested above the planet knowing that even know reports were coming in that would need his attention.

[member="Mesh'la Dral"] [member="Malok"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Nolan felt a strange sensation as his "family" arrived and gave their verdict. They'd been lost to him and his wife [member="Satine Detta"] and his children, Corvus and Kaylanna. Nolan did his best impression of a loving uncle when Mesh'la greeted him. She was all grown now, had it really been so long?

Then Xander's words broke his train of thought. His Mandalorian blood boiled and filled his heart, the Clans, they forsake his family, nearly killed him and then one of their supporters turned his back on the chance to make it right, Preliat was no vod to Nolan.

"Shershoy Mand'alor!" He bowed to Xander.

That was all he'd put in. As Aedan gestured, he gave a kurt nod and followed. There were other matters at hand, but the next time Xander called, Nolan would be there.

[member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Mesh'la Dral"] [member="Malok"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Artemis Lux"], [member="Mesh'la Dral"], [member="Malok"],

[Mandalorian] "The Jedi are only a religion."

HK finally spoke up in answer to [member="Aedan Miles"] and his claim he would not follow a Jedi, looking over to [member="Xander Carrick"], speaking in the Mandalorian language, a bit of an old dialect used back during the days of the Ancient Republic,

[Mandalorian] "I have fought alongside many Mandalores through countless calls to wars, crusades, whenever the Manadlore and its people needed my aid millenniums before any of you were born."

He nodded to Xander,

[Mandalorian] "I will do so now in another time of need, and I will continue to do so long after all of you are gone."

A bit morbid but it should get the point across!

Kad smirked as [member="Mesh'la Dral"] stepped off her speeder and taken her place to the left of [member="Vilaz Munin"]. There was a sense of pride as she was doing her best to raise a young son alone. The father was no where to be found, and Kad feared the worst because if his own past. Death haunted their family like a curse, a plague of the universe which had settled upon them. [member="Nolan Detta"] was also noticed. Kad offered a nod to the Mandalorian Wrecking Ball. The two had both had their fun together in younger years fighting for the clans under the same banner. Kable and Briika had been their common point, and it seemed they had drifted apart after Kable's disappearance.

[member="Artemis Lux"] became the buffer for he and @Malok. The picture seemed interesting, but it was exactly what made this group who they were. Their backgrounds were diverse, and yet the same things had brought them together. They were devoted to one another, and despite the personal tragedies represented the group knew one thing. Together they were unstoppable. Together they were a force to be reckoned with. Together they were Mando'ade.

Kad's eyes looked to the brunette for a moment, catching the small smile she offered. He understood exactly what it was. While he did not know her well at all their common story was well known to him. She offered him a look which spoke to the hope they had found in the circle of those standing with them. The gesture was returned before the other voices chimed in. Kad added his own to the mix, making his loyalty clear.

"I stand with Manda'lor. If he stands " he said when it was his turn. "With him, and those he calls friends."

[member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="HK-36"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom