Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Trouble Never Hurts

All I could say, was that our little team up was... interesting.

Standing there in durasteel armor, making sure the sash along my side was tight while I walked down the ramp of the ship we were using to get to Nar Shaddaa. I probably should have checked my gear on the way here, but I wasn't nervous then. Now, I am.

My left hand squeezing the grip of the force imbued blade that I carried. My right hand clenched in a fist as well. I had been training for a long time in various temples and "sanctuaries." That didn't really help with my people skills for places such as this. I was used to nice robes, and training and schooling. Not the cruel world of thieves and liars. Reaching behind me, a flutter sound came down from the ship as a cloak came flying to my hand. Flinging it over myself, it covered my shoulders down to have the hem just about half way down my thighs. It was a cloth poncho at best. My head exposed at the moment, I looked to the green man standing next to me.

"So where do you think we should start looking first?"

I did know this man was a Falleen. A species of people who were known for being strong and their longevity. Hence why I asked him since he would likely have a better idea as to where we could look. I didn't want to just walk over to someone who didn't need to know we were here, and have our asses handed to us.

"I mean, if you know any place we could look. Otherwise, We need to find someone or something that can lead us somewhere close to where relics could be found. Maybe the lower levels?"

As I walked onward talking to him, One little creature that could only be described as adorable and fugly at the same time walked up. Waving his hand out for a fee to sit our ship here. I reached into my pocket and paid for the fee. What i could assume was a thank you, and a smile as the being walked away with his little waddle movements. I shook my head and forgot it for now.

OH! thats right, why was our team up strange? The man with me reminded me of some superhero from the holovideos called the Bulk I think? Really big guy that turned green when he got angry? Either way, that combined with my lack of a lightsaber and this man's crushgauntlets instead of a lightsaber as weapons was different for jedi. Yet I had a feeling it would work out quite well.

I guess this was our test to find out if we could work together.

[member="Vlarem"],

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to step foot on this world again, even after several decades it is still too soon. Growling Vlarem shrugged on a set of violet robes, crafted from the finest silks the galaxy could provide, a holdover from the Falleen’s time as a noble, a time when Vlarem had been… Thinner, now the Falleen was a mountain of chiseled muscle and to say the robe was tight would be an understatement. The robes clung to his body, his wide shoulders seeming to stretch the fabric but in the moment Vlarem dawned it he was taken back to a time of nobility, of riches, of prestige. These thoughts did nothing to improve his mood. Tugging at the neck of the robes hoping to loosen its grip on his throat Vlarem stepped down beside the human. Jayce as he’d come to know him by, the boy was but a youth but a Jedi knight, an impressive feat. The boy’s face was still that of a child in Vlarem’s eyes and as he took in the blonde haired boys appearance he noticed the grip on his hand squeezing on his blade and his fist tightened. Falleen rarely showed their own emotions and were taught since birth to repress outward signs of their emotions but it seemed as though Jayce had yet to learn such a lesson.

“Ease yourself Jayce, I know how you feel but if you go around as tense are you are you’re more likely to get us shot at than help acquire information. Vlarem whispered giving a nod to the small figure that Jayce had paid. Hands stuffed in the opposing sleeve Vlarem walked with a calm, calculated step, back straightened, head held high he displayed all the grace of a Falleen noble, and Jayce his guard. His arms being in his opposing sleeves also helped hide the crushgaunts Vlarem wore. “First we’ll need information, such relics are often sold on the black market, that’s why I arrived in this garb. People are more likely to give information to a Falleen noble than a Jedi.” Looking Jayce up and down Vlarem nodded his head. “Thankfully you’re not wearing those robes Veiere is so fond of. Come, we have an appointment to keep.”

Walking through the streets of Nar Shaddaa was certainly an educational experience for those not used to it. The smell of spice was strong in the air, it seemed to surround the pair once they walked out into the city streets. Above in the sky
lanes speeders shot back and forth their engines audible from the ground below. Standing on the sides of corners were a mixture of women from all different species, scantily clad, their eyes filled with a hunger, one eager for credits. Steering Jayce away from them Vlarem shook his head. “This Force forsaken rock has always been a mess. What do you think of it? Have you ever been to this world?” The sounds of the woman calling at the Falleen and Humans backs were more than audible as they saw what were potential rich clients.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

At the cautionary words of the noble I was guarding, I released my grip on my sword, and tried to open my hands. I rolled my shoulders a little as the slight clinking of my armor underneath came through. Walking out into the city. Vlarem continued to speak about heading towards the black market. As we were dressed, and presented as nobles, it was more likely that people would sell items to us so that we will get more information. So that explains the nice purple clothing instead of the normal slacks I have seen him with. At least, I think those are normal ones? I remained quiet as my elder, for all intents and purposes, explained it, and even quipped at the Jedi Master who was so easily seen with ceremonial robes all the time. I did my best to stifle my grin at the remark as we walked out in the strong spices, and the loud bustling noises of this place.

I took a moment to look at the clothing of one, particular woman who was clearly a concubine or a "dancer for hire." I could feel the nudging of Vlar as he wanted me to continue on. I already knew what they were wanting, but as he stated earlier, we had an appointment to keep up with. Looking around, I kept my hand gently resting on the pommel of my sword instead of gripping it. My right hand hidden under the cloth poncho I wore. When in truth I was almost shoving a hand into my pocket to prevent anyone from stealing from me. My eyes wandered the streets and many faces as we passed them by. Almost ignoring the question that was directed at me by my companion for this mission... mission right? Test? Trial? Whatever it was, we were allies.

"First visit. However, I have seen places close enough. You tend to find places like this when you live on your own."

That seemed to throw a little of my history the man's way, but hearing these sounds and smelling spice? It's been done before. Even more so I used my eyes to look around, and not my head. Continuing to walk onYou ward, I kept an eye out for anyone that could be following us. If they thought they were better than me and could take out Vlaren to steal a nobleman's credits, then we would likely be a target at some point. I was prepared for it.

Even while walking, I tried to focus the force inward on myself to become empty so that I wouldn't show motion but still be able to get a look of my surroundings. Snapping out of it, I spoke.

"You speak as though you have been here before. Bad times for you?"

[member="Vlarem"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom