Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Jesting Never Hurt Anyone (Hijinks)

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

The Perfect Hiding Place is in Plain Sight
The nightclub. One of the most lively attractions Coruscant had to offer. With three on each street, it was hard not to wander into one of them at least once. I crossed over the wide threshold of the massive room. I had made myself into a ravishingly rouge Twi'lek with a silky gold cocktail dress and hypnotic silver eyes. It was always a habit of mine to appear attractive in large, alcohol-consuming crowds. Made everything much more entertaining. I walked through the packed establishment with an alluring gaze to anyone who stopped to stare, even flashing a smile at some of them. The bar cleared away a place for me as if by magic, and soon I was sitting amidst several drooling males of mixed species. It took a bit of effort to keep myself from breaking out in laughter.
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink was unsurprised to find himself in yet another nightclub. This week had pretty much been a string of slightly lonely nights waiting for Carliah to get back from the Sith Palace. So, his only companions had been (good) food and (stiff) drinks. The purple-haired cat was bored, and any revelry he engaged in was not proving enough to alleviate it.

So, when he saw, or rather felt another Shi'ido approaching, the mental feeling a bit like his own, but distorted, he could have burst out laughing. There was no way in hell he could meet two others of his species in the same month. After all this time of not seeing any? No way.

[member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"]

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

In the back of my mind, I felt something a little weird. Like, I wasn't the only one in a disguise. But then again, I usually got strange feelings like that. I assumed it was just some mental hunch of mine. A man beside me was boasting some nonsense about how he'd taken out a battalion of Sith troopers with his bare hands. I half-listened with a bored expression, my eyes scanning the room once again. They rested on an odd-looking figure on the far side of the room. Pink hair. Cat ears. And a fluffy tail? I was confused, but mainly intrigued. Something about him felt.... familiar.......
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
The feeling solidified. Not only was there another Shi'ido around, but they were watching him. A happy sort of thrill ran down his spine as he looked for his little stalker. Then he saw the red Twi'lek staring at him, a little rudely. He grinned, but didn't move, except for his tail, which waved in a long arc in her direction.

His eyes glinted happily at he glanced in her direction, and gave her a look that said, well come on, then.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

It was a little adorable the way he invited me over. Adorably mysterious. I rose from my place at the bar, taking up my drink and politely bidding the men fighting for my attention farewell. I crossed the dancefloor, the quicker way across the room, weaving my way through couples moving together and groups jerking raucously. I stopped directly in front of his table. I placed my hands on my hips and stared down at him with smirk. "Well, isn't this a surprise..."
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink's eyes switched color as he grinned at the girl, showing his fangs. He looked critically at his fellow Shi'ido's transformation, and nodded, impressed.

"Isn't it, though? Your transformation ain't half bad, for a kid."

He silently spun on his bar stool, glancing at what he was definitely sure was a young female Shi'ido, and decided what to order. With a delighted hiss as his eyes lighted upon the drink he wanted, he looked at the bartender.

"Two Gargle Blasters, and don't skimp on the Whyren's."

With a mischievous gleam in his eye, he turned back to the currently red-skinned woman.

"Well, then... I guess this is the only face of yours I'm gonna see, yes?"

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I took a seat next to him. I wasn't quite sure what he meant by "kid". I was 23 years of age. A bit older than the average child. As he ordered his drink, I played with the lekku of the alien I was portraying. "Thank you. And yes, this is probably the only form you'll see in front of others unless I change in the bathroom later. Drawing attention to myself for the wrong reasons isn't my cup of tea." I replied, changing my eyes from silver to a pink the same shade as his hair.
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink grinned even wider, and the points of his now-permanent fangs showed as his teeth parted. The cat couldn't even imagine being anything but who he was, now. Neither his love, or their adopted daughter would recognize him, and they would spend a long time looking, if they did not concede to losing him. The thought saddened him a little bit, but he wagged his tail.

"I'm afraid this is the only, ah, form anybody ever sees of me. You know what happens when we don't shift for a long time, kid?"

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I tilted my head a little, pitying him. "Oh no. That must be so boring, being stuck with the same face day-in and day-out. I think I'd lose my mind." Changing my look on a daily basis was the same as flexing a muscle for me. I used it to hide and to make money, and even just to pass the time. I couldn't imagine not being able to look at myself in the mirror and not recognize who was looking back. "So, did you purposely choose to stay in this form, or was it a situation in which shifting wasn't an option?"
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink laughed hard, now, his tail swinging around as he did. Everybody acted like being stuck in his form was so horrible, but they didn't take into account one basic thing:

"My parents hated cats, and I was a bit of a disappointment, anyway. Good enough reason for me to make myself look like this."

The purple-haired cat grinned as the drinks were brought over.

"So, I guess you could say it was choice and situation."

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I smiled. "Well, there's something we have in common. Unless I did everything to their approval, my parents considered me a disappointment, too. Though, only one of them could shift." Normally, I didn't share information like this with a stranger. I usually just weaved some fake back-story together and let people take the bait. But I felt a strange connection with this Shi'ido. It wasn't love or anything like that. It was something... Unseen... Something I could feel. I couldn't pinpoint what that was exactly.
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
At the girl's mention of only one parent shifting, Jink hit upon a guess that explained a certain reaction to the nickname 'kid'... She didn't know how slowly Shi'ido aged.

"Only one parent, huh? Explains why you made that face, kid... An 'adult' shifter is about a century and a half old. Goin' by that, you're a baby. But if you really only had one shifter for a parent, you're probably not a kid. It's all relative, ain't it?"

It was... odd, that this girl was telling me personal stuff, but I'd kept worse secrets. After all, what kind of Escher Warden would he be if he couldn't?

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I thought about that for a moment. So that would've made my mother well over one hundred years old when I was born. How odd. I would've never pictured her in that way. "Hm. A baby. Well, it's always comforting to know that you're still too young for wrinkles." I perched my chin atop my hand, my elbow on the table. I sipped my drink and watched the crowd. "I'm guessing you're a bit older than me, then?" I joked.
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink smiled, and stirred his drink with the Force, his finger making circles in the air. With a small twitch of his tail, he tapped the girl's nose softly.

"Only by three hundred-something years. Not much. So, yes, you're a baby by the standards of a shifter."

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I wiggled my nose a bit as his tail touched it. Tails were always fun to have. My lekku moved a little like tails, but they weren't quite the same. "Three hundred! I'll be lucky if I make it to one hundred. It must be nice, living all those years, watching the galaxy grow and die and grow again." Watching time pass was something I had no time to do. Part of me didn't really want to, either. Life was just too short.
[member="Hijinks"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink raised an eyebrow, and his ears twitched in surprise.

"Whyever would you consider me lucky? Even hybrids usually live for half a millennium, or more... You're still young, you've got time. All I've gotta look forward to is watching my lover and my daughter age and die in a century or two. Living this long is... lonely. Besides the fact that most Shi'ido look down on me for taking a solid form, I spent most of my life in a rather odd setting."

With a small growl, he set upon his drink, gulping down a good bit of it before putting it back on the bar.

"You just get the benefits of being a long-lived shifter, probably minus the slowed development. You're probably only three or four years younger than me, biologically."

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

((Probably should've re-read the wiki link about Shi'idos before I made her... :p))

I raised my eyebrows a little, looking down at my drink. "I never considered it like that. I've never really taken the time to think about if I'm lonely or not. I've got too much to do." Was I lonely? I was alone, after all. It was part of what made my job so successful. With nothing to tie me down, I didn't have to worry about people trying to use it against me. I guess it could get a little depressing some nights. Sleeping by myself in a never-permanent place, knowing that in the morning I'd have to be someone different. Maybe I was a little lonely...
[member="Hijinks"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom