Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarketPlace2.png

Where am I?
The marketplace. It's a new forum.

What is this place for?
This place, a marketplace, is for in-character purchases and transactions. To this end, most deals will take place on a company's catalog/order thread. The marketplace is primarily for making small-scale transactions easier. For larger deals or for deals that are part of a story, a normal RP thread would be more appropriate.

Okay, so what do I have to do to set up my company catalog in here?
The only elements required on a company catalog page are a list of products with links and description and a record of sales made. It's up to you, Jimmy, to spruce your own catalog up.

Wait, that's really all I need to do?
Again, it'd be great if you listed information about your company and just generally spruced up your catalog. Things like product availability and your locations are pretty vital information for people wanting to deal with you. If you're selling warships to the Sith Council (RIP) and are based out of the Fel Empire (RIP), you probably aren't going to be around much longer.

Tell me a little about buying and selling on the market place.
Buying and selling on the marketplace is very intuitive. On a company’s catalog thread, prospective buyers will pen an IC message asking for X units of Y product for Z credits, or for a special request. Buyers are expected to run their own calculations and pay honestly. It’s also expected that sellers double-check the calculations of buyers so they don’t accidentally sell cr100,000 worth of rice pudding for cr10,000 because someone forgot to add a zero. Sellers are also expected to determine the credit of their prospective buyers.

If a seller doesn’t think that a buyer can afford a purchase, they have the right to decline their business, because if someone comes along and points out that a buyer doesn’t have the money they claimed to have when they made a deal, the seller got cheated and has no Marketplace-approved way to reclaim their money.

Can I get an example?
Sure thing, sport.

Buyer A posts a message on Seller B’s catalog thread, requesting 500 units of BlasTech CC-13 rifles for a certain amount of money. Seller B checks Buyer A’s numbers, and investigates him to ensure that he has the resources and, if necessary, faction backing to make the deal. Seller B then approves or denies the deal, or asks for further clarification if necessary.
Can major factions do business?
All transactions made by major factions can only be approved in finality by faction administrators. People purchasing on behalf of major factions who are not faction administrators ought to have it approved before hand by faction administrators.

Do sub-factions count as major factions when doing business?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom