Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Friend in Need [Ordo]

The fire rose high, stretching up towards the starlight, oranges tongues flickered. Mia threw another log onto it and stood back, sliding her hands into the pockets of her jeans she stared into it, beyond it and not at it at all. Her mind was busy, she'd been busy but her work wasn't done. Far from it. At her feet stood a black alusteel box, inside was packed with foam supports for the two items it contained. She'd thought long and hard about this, about her choices, and about the path she was walking. There were days that she welcomed death, even longed for it, for an end to her existence and the days she did she became reckless, throwing herself into every fight that she could, antagonising anyone who looked like they might be able to kill her.

But she couldn't just die. She had to die in a fight, and it was only in the fight that she remembered Rel, that she remembered her people and her duties. She might not be Mand'alor anymore, but she still had a duty. In that moment of the fight, she realised her need and desire to live, so that she could protect those she cared about, and in that moment she fought hard and won. Then the cycle would start again. Its most recent beginning, was the hunt for the sith that had attacked her and Jorus, but Mia had caught herself early, staved off the foolish desire to rush in, she was playing a different game, and she needed a back up plan.

The message she'd sent to Ordo had seemed more like a demand than a request, Mia had not meant it to be, it was just force of habit.

@[member="Ordo"]
2100hours. My house. Don't be late, it's important.
Mia

She'd left the front door open for him, allowing him to walk through to the garden where she stood. Black box at her feet, two chairs and a small table between them sat facing the fire. Set on the table was Mia's last bottle of correllian whiskey and a pair of glasses. A strong drink was needed.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Ordo's Farm 45km from Keldabe

"Ho. Ho bull." The man said dressed only in Beskar grieves and boots. The morning sun just now casting its life giving rays over the dew cover ground. The man stood again at the handles of an old plow with the leather reins from a young bull nerf over his shoulders. Most men, hell maybe all men, would have a droid for work like this, but he wasn't most and he damn sure wasn't all.

"Ho bull," he called clicking his tongue as he guided the beast across the hard unforgiving ground. Manda'yaim did not coddle it's children. Life was hard. A man, or woman, had to be harder than the rocky soil just to make due, but then Manda'yaim produced only the best. The rocky soil churned around the beskar blade of the old plow and slowly the big farmer walked his field.

He walked on for a long time before he stopped for some bread, sharp cheese, and cool water. This was the unseen life of the warrior people. They trained of course and fought but the truth was at the end of the day. They were men, women, and children, who were doing what all people wanted to do, they survived.

Ordo walked in from his field his many many scars standing white and thick pink on hos tanned skin. He had got just about everything done for the day so far and he had time for a quick meal before he checked the pens.

He stopped inside his yaim and kicked the mud from his armored boots. He looked at the table and noticed his data pad had messages.

Maintenance request, troop inspections, aliit'buir meeting and a message from his little sister Mia.

She had been Manda'lor but try telling an old sod he was wrong for treating someone like family.

"2100?" He said to himself, "Hmmm...don't that girl know I'm getting old."

He sat down his datapad and kicked off his boots. "Well better wash some jeans before I forget." He said walking into the inner rooms of the bastion like home.

Mia's place

Ordo climbed out of the cab of his old speeder truck and started to walk up to the yaim of his former commander and Manda'lor. His thick Nerf hide boots had been brushed to get the mud off and he wore a pair of heavyweight jeans and a black T-shirt under his dark brown Nerf hide jacket.

He walked up and gave a knock at the door before letting himself in and he knew she would have been comfortable doing the same at his yaim whether he was there or not.

He walked through and finally saw her standing in front of a nice fire arms crossed and in thought. A black alusteel box sat on the ground at her feet. She had a nicw little set up. Chairs for two at a small table and a sweet taste of home sat unopened between two clean glasses. It had been maybe 2 years since he had drank genuine Corellian whiskey. It must have been serious, she wouldn't be breaking out the big bottle for something small.

"Ya think you're gonna wake up and give and old shab'buir a hug and a drink or ya gonna stare off yonder all night and make me drink alone." He said half joking.

Mia smiled and turned. "Su'cuy ori'vod." She said softly stepping away from the fire she picked up the bottle of whiskey and shook her head. "You know full well I'm not going to hug you." Mia didn't do hugs. She liked to keep physical contact to a minimum, family or no family, scars ran deep and though one man had found his way past them, her walls remained high for others. She handed him the glass and dropped into a chair with a heavy sigh.

"I feel old Ord'ika. This last year has been hell." She'd escaped the clutches of a sith master and come home to recover, before she was really there she'd driven the mand'alor before her from her seat and risen up. She'd done well, until Yaga Minor...until Velok. From there the story went down hill, a failed assault on Mon Calamari, a nervous breakdown and then she handed it over to Verz and fled, to keep her people safe. Safe from her and safe from a Velok. Now he was dead and gone, the Sith Empire had vanished and she was finding her feet again.

"I never told anyone here what happened to me, why I left. I just trusted you would all accept it and, when the time came, welcome me back." She tore her eyes away from the fire to look at the burly man in the chair beside her. "I need your help with something."

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

He chuckled as Mia turned down his hug. It never worked but it was worth the try. The woman slumped into a chair and handed him a glass.

"Well if your old ner vod" he said lowering his big frame into the chair she offered. "Then I'm getting ready to march to a new field."

She was right but he wasn't going to say it. The last year had been hard on everyone. He had been in some thick osik with Mia and after she'd gone he had seen just as much. He even had to face the loss of his dear Bria who he had finally found dead after 8 years of searching. It had been hard for everyone on a lot of levels.

He looked into the fire his grey-green eyes unblinking as she spoke. He took a drink and let the old familiar burn linger in the back of his throat. It was a good whiskey that was certain.

"We all have our reasons for what we do Mi'ika." He said as he leaned back and sipped his whiskey. He didn't need to say much she knew he was kin and he understood the need to face things on your feet. "What do ua need. If I can do it you already know I will."

Still no questions. Mia smiled, this was why she loved her people, but it was also why sometimes she wanted to beat them senseless. "My reasons..." she paused and took a sip of the whiskey, running a hand over her face before continuing. "You remember when we liberated Yaga Minor, there was a sith coordinating the forces we were against called Velok. Bear killed him, but when he died he did something. I was in a coma for a few days after. No medical reason behind it, just dropped on the battlefield none of you di'kuts said a word." she shook her head. "You just carried on like it was a normal day. He used me like a storage device. Uploaded everything into my head. All his knowledge all his memories, all four hundred years worth of it."

She didn't care if Ordo didn't have questions, she needed someone at home to know, to understand. "But he was dead, and it didn't matter not until the demagolka found a new body and started hunting to tie off loose ends. I would have stayed, but what we'd seen before from the Sith? It was nothing in comparison to what this shabbuir could bring upon us, and he would have done it, simply to kill me. So I ran, disappeared, knowing he would leave you all in peace. Then word reached my ears that the old Republic Chancellor had killed him and sealed him inside something so that he couldn't come back. So I came home."

She paused for a moment taking another sip of her drink and closing her eyes for a moment. "I made some friends along the way though." she continued opening her eyes "One in particular, by the name of Jorus Merrill. Best damn pilot in the galaxy and he knows all the fun places to go too." she grinned at their fights together. "We were raiding a secret Sith base in the Styx system, someone boarded our ship, another sith. Big, and a master of stealth and looking to claim a bounty on Jorus. He was unsuccessful, punched a hole in the side of the ship and got shunted out of it. But he's alive, and he's next on my hit list. Only problem is, I'm...he...feth, Ordo the guys got three feet on me, not to mention a whole host of force powers i've not yet worked out how to combat. Not saying I won't, but I'd like to have a plan in place, just in case I don't."

She down the rest of her glass and set it on the table, pulling the black alusteel box towards her she flipped open the catches and lifted the lid to reveal a mindspear and a vial of blood set in perfect cut holes in the foam. "This, is my contingency plan."

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Velok!" Ordo spat the name like it tasted worse than the decrepit whiphid had looked. "I saw the thing on Degobah."

Ordo hadn't gotten to him before he had taken off but he had been close. Ordo shot the rest of the glass like someone used to the drink and poured another.

"It wasn't my place to question you at the time Ner Vod. You call I answered just like Mon Cal." Ordo had taken out a star destroyer with a team of four fighters at the sith shipyards but to little avail.

Ordo dodnt know Jorus Merrill but he had a Rave on his personal list of targets he had pulled from the Dromund Kaas computers.

He continued to listen and take in the scope of what he was hearing she was looking to take on a Sith who had 3 feet on her which meant about 2 feet on Ordo which was a big Sith. It did not sound like a good idea to go into without backup.

He looked at the box. The blood was easy enough to identify but as to what the other object was he didn't have a clue.

"You think I'm going to let you run off after this ol'boy on yer own?" He said raising an eyebrow, "you're gonna have to run this plan by me a little slower. I'm thick."

"Damn right you're gonna let me run off on my own!" Mia retorted sharply. This wasn't a matter up for discussion. If anyone was going to be at her side to take this man down it was to be Jorus, only he couldn't so she was on her own. Dragging others into the fray only complicated matters more, besides which, Rave had made it perfectly clear that collateral damage was not an option. She loved her family dearly, but collateral damage came with them and that was something she couldn't afford.

"This," she said picking up the mindspear gently turning it slowly in her hands "contains all my memories. Everything in my head, including Velok, up until today. Its a dark piece of technology, old too. it won't cover me from here on in but i'm won on a way to record that too." she slotted it back into the foam. "I don't need to tell you what that is." referring to the vial of blood, she replaced the lid on the box. DNA and a record of everything in her head, surely Ordo could work it out from there. Surely he could see where his was going. It wasn't the greatest way to save your own life, to make sure if things went wrong you would be able to come back. There were other, far darker ways, that required sith alchemy and possession of objects.

"No one can know you have this, Ord'ika. Words already getting out about what's in my head and people will do anything to get their hands on it. I'd rather not bring hell down on you and Manda'yaim again. If I don't survive this, you take that box and you find Jorus, you find the Bard of the Hyperlanes. They have access to resources you don't." She drained her glass, eyes turning to the fire. This was only the beginning, she had so much more work to do to prepare. here was no fear in her face though, just fierce determination to outwit the man she was up against. And why couldn't she?

She wasn't just Mia fething Monroe, she was Mia fething Monroe with Velok's knowledge.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

"You know..." the big man began as he finished. "You know if something happens to you. There's gonna be dar'yaim in this galaxy. Some of us are already hunting the dar'jetii one by one. Whatever is comeing this is just the ebb before the flow."

Ordo drank down his glass and leaned forward to pour another. He didn't like this one bit. He knew Mia was tough and she had her pride but if something did happen and he had to go find Jorus or the bard. Then he wouldn't be able to stop the rest of the vode from doing whatever they decided to claim vengeance. The stars would go black if the vode decided to conquer again.

What could he say? Her heart was all in on this and the only creatures in the galaxy more stubborn than Mando men were Mando women. He was getting soft apparently.

"Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it!" He said drinking yet another glass. "Tell Jorus whatever you like. I'll put the box where only I can find it and keep it safe. If something happens....you can be sure I'll do what's need to honor your request, but you're gonna owe me one blast it."

He never once had asked a vode to help him search for Bria and he had been near death more times than he could remember. He was the last one with the right to argue with his little sister.

"Be safe as you can?" Ordo said letting his voice soften a little his paternal side leaking out from his hard show face.

"Vor entye." she replied softly. She would repay her debt, she always did. Mia had no idea how this was going to end, but there was a small flame within her that burned brighter whenever she turned her attention to it. She had never sought power for the sake of power. She'd climbed to he status of Mand'alor because her people required it, but even then you didn't lead a mandalorain, you merely made suggestions. She could become something powerful, something that the galaxy hadn't seen before, but that required her to walk a path of darkness, to become what she hated. To become her enemy.

Was that such a bad thing? Mia was a Mandalorian before she was a force user, to her the force was a tool, another weapon or shield she could use in a fight. It didn't hold sway over her direction, her people did. So if she embraced the knowledge that was their and used it, like a weapon or a shield would she still become one? Or would she just gain a better understanding of her enemy. She ran a hand over her face, a soft chuckle escaping her. "No power in the 'verse can stop me." she muttered to herself before looking at Ordo. "Would you like me to tell you I will be safe, Ori'vod? Because it will be a lie. I can promise one thing, and that is that I will make it damn hard for him to kill me."

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Ordo fought the urge to curse and say something about forcies. He was a bit attached to one now after all.

"I know better than to think you'll be safe blast it!" Ordo said with a sorry excuse for a tough act "Just don't be stupid is all. 'Sides I'm getting married and you better damn well be there!"

He hadn't really talked about it to anyone yet. The vows were said all that was left was for him to gather some vode and let them have another excuse to drink and roast him.

"I found Bria. She died on Mygeeto. So I'm movin on." He drank his glass half way, "but anyway the box will be safe. How will I know if things go sour? You got some way to let us know. Contacting me directly is too risky now."

Mia laughed at him, his tough act fooling no one. She held up her hands in mock surrender "Alright, alright, I won't do anything anything stupid." the fact that this whole endevour could be placed under stupid was neither here nor there. Then mention of marriage brought a memory to the forefront of her mind. A cave on Ilum before a fire like this, a whole other est of circumstances and a different man next to her. A lump formed in her throat, the emotion rising out of nowhere squeezing tight around her chest.

"I think, that I might have to do something reckless if I survive this...like marry you."
"Hey, I'm in it for the long haul, you know that. No matter how much or how little you succeed -- and frankly, ever day you're alive is a success -- I'm sticking around..."

She closed her eyes and turned her face away from Ordo. All of this was a betrayal of sorts to the @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]. He who had done everything in his power to keep her hidden, to keep her alive, and this was how she was paying him back. By making plans for her death. "I'm sorry about Bria," she said softly, amazed at how calm and steady her voice was. "But its good that you've found someone else." she got to her feet, she couldn't stay, she had so much to do still.

"You'll know if it goes wrong Ord'ika. You let me worry about the how." she clapped him on the shoulder as she passed him "Enjoy the rest of the whiskey. I've got things to do." She hefted a large rucksack by the door and disappeared into the night, heading for Keldabe's port where the Veil waited for her.

So much to do, so little time.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Ordo nodded as she left and shot down the rest of his glass and set it on the table. He had work to do now. A box to take care of, arrangements to make, and gear to gather. He would have to do some jumping around but he knew a few places where even Sith and Jedi wouldn't go to find those memories the poor Mia had got stuffed with.

He stood and tucked the Box under one arm and grabbed the bottle and stared into the fire for a while lost in thought. It would be hard to keep from Rianna and she may just catch it through their bond by mistake.

"Better get the animals fed, boy'o." He said as he turned to go. "Blasted passed my bed time, darn girl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom