Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fleeting Challenge

So, as many of you have noted, I rather like fleeting battles. I’ve noted with disappointment how many of them in invasions devolve into vaguely worded snark-fests, with neither side taking much damage and grand pronouncements being the order of the day.

So with this in mind, I am throwing down the gauntlet to anyone who wishes to take me and fellow fleeters on. If we get more people interested we can do an impromptu tournament.

Basically, each side chooses 10,000 metres of ships from any single faction, telling the opponent which faction they are using, but not the composition until the battle starts. Then, they battle it out until one side withdraws or victory is called.
A neutral judge will keep each side’s fleet composition and decide the battle result if it’s in doubt

What I’m looking for:
  • People not afraid to lose, who will play fair and take the hits the enemy gives out.
  • People actually planning to see this through, not just post once and give up.
  • People willing to keep a list of their ships and read the enemy list.

There will be no stats (except shield and hull), no rules, nothing like that. There might be a very basic map however.

Anyone interested post here. If you have questions, please ask.

Um I guess I would be?

Will these battles be non-canon right? I mean it won't affect anything actually going on or between characters? This will just be for fleeting fun correct?

Also since I'll probably be using Hecate what sort of fleet would I build? Mostly from OP like the Druckenwell battle?

[member="Hecate"]
Yes, non-canon. Think of it as a simulation or wargame.

[member="Lok Jorunn"]
Welcome aboard! Silver Jedi don’t have a fleet yet, but you can use Republic ships for now and paint them silver! :p

[member="Valeria Aetani"]

If it's non-canon can any character play? Do they have to be aligned with a faction in canon?

Also, will it be turn-based for those of us who can't sit at the computer all day and hit refresh so we can write the next post right away?

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]
Yes, any character can use any faction’s ships since it’s non canon. Later, if desired, we can have canon battles between say One Sith and Republic, but for now let’s keep it light.
Since the battles will be 1vs1 it will be turn based by default, yes.

[member="Doll Crux"]
You can bring one of the two Eldorai heavy cruisers if you want!

[member="Valeria Aetani"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Yeah, though I will be incorporating many Firemane designs.

: D

So how will this work? Any specific way to start?

[member="Hecate"]
Fight in deep space, that’s likely the best bet so there’s no confusion about the battlefield.

When you’ve got your fleet prepared post that you’re ready in this thread and PM or Skype your fleet list to someone else, they can be your witness in case questions come up. When both opponents are ready, one of you starts the thread. Mark it as skirmish and tag your opponent.

I suggest, though this is entirely voluntary, when fighting you do your IC stuff followed by an OOC section where you list each of your ships, their actions who its firing at and the damage to shields and hull its taken.

That’ll keep both writers on the same page as to what’s exactly happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom