Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Deal For The Future (Spencer)

Hapes

It was rather freeing moving through the crowds for once, and to have everyone actively avoiding him. It was a liberty the GrandMaster of the Jedi Order only got in hostile environments. While he loved seeing those who wished to be around the Jedi, or helping those in need, it made moving around difficult. Here, on the edges of Republic controlled space, he could move freely. Though, it was because of a variety of different reasons. For the moment though he was enjoying the peace and quiet, and for once he got to enjoy the Hapes world, even if his view was obscured by the armor he had procured from Republic storage. His purpose on being there was simple, a mission had been given from Republic command to bring a fugitive Jedi in. So he had volunteered as he knew her well, with a different plan. He wanted to make a deal with her, and eventually bring her talents back to the lightside and the Republic. Her name was...

Spencer Jacobs.

He could have sent any Jedi, but who could completely mask their Force signature the way he had? Not many in the order stood two meters tall and could easily walk around in beskar armor. Though the model he was wearing was quite old and outdated, and his powerful frame slouched a little under the weight. He was walking with an awkward gate, and he stood slouched with his shoulders rolled forward. It all coalesced to make him look like a large, powerful, and old Mandolorian walking around a Republic world. Finding her hadn't been hard, but he was shocked she was alone. I guess you really must have progressed and gained stature with Ashin for her to have left you so alone. Had he been here to attack her, it would have been a good time, but that wasn't his purpose.

No, I will help you.

His brow furrowed under his helmet as she was within his view, his heavy boots echoed off the concrete beneath him. Finally making his way next to her, he leaned up against the railing looking out over the view below. A few idle moments passed before he spoke, the helmet synthesizing his voice.

"Are you Spencer Jacobs? I have been sent here on official business to deal with the Empress, or her First Apprentice?"

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Spencer stood in front of a stand looking at some of the woman’s cloth and clothing. She had come to Hapes to find Ashin a nice summer dress. Force knows the woman only wore black for some reason. Maybe it had to do something with being all Darth Empress or something. Pulling at the fabrics she looked at each of them. The pale blue summer dress matched Ashin’s eyes and she smirked just imagining the woman in the dress. Handing over credits she folded the dress and then went back to looking for something for her.

A chill rolled down her spine as she felt someone next to her, the synthesized voice came and asked her the question. She continued to look at the fabrics while she did her best to check for auras and see who this man was. There was nothing, which either meant the man was a strong force user or he wasn’t a force user at all and possibly force dead. Tilting her head, she mused with the thought of him possibly being a droid. Either way, she left him in silence for a moment.

Finally as she moved tables, this was still in the vicinity of the armored Mandolorian armor. She looked up and put the dress to her body. The soft green tone matched the green flecks in her eyes and she batted them a moment.

“So what do you think?”

Chuckling she placed the dress on the table and moved her hands to her hips.

“Yes I am Spencer Jacobs, so you’re probably a republic hired bounty hunter. You know how many of you I’ve sent back? Never really had one try and talk to me before he attacked me. Even have one offer that if I just went back with him he’s show me several nights of bliss. Though it was better than the one that tried or well thought of raping me. Either way, you’re not going to be any different I’ll send you back to your clients as a bucket of bolts.”

Spencer turned her attention back to the dresses as her tone softened a bit.

“So what business do you have with me or the Empress?”

"I have no business with the Empress, my business is with you Spencer Jacobs. First Apprentice to Lady Desmius, and former Jedi Padawan."

The heavily armored Mandalorian leaned forward some more, yet kept his eyes looking forward. The helmet he was wearing was rather annoying and cumbersome, no wonder these guys are so slow. The Jedi Master had never once worn this type of beskar armor before, and while advances surely had been made, he could see why they were so heavily armed. If they weren't they would be destroyed by sheer weight of numbers against them, or by much quicker opponents. Unconsciously he was already forming battle strategies should he ever need to fight another Mandolorian, and this first hand knowledge was quite critical. He knew his thoughts were quickly digressing, and that the situation was quite tense. Most of his effort was being used on squashing his considerable footprint in the Force, but he could still feel it coalescing around Spencer. On the outside she looked quite calm, and at ease. The reality was much different, and he knew that.

She was ready for a fight.

The synthesized voice echoed once more from the helmet he was wearing as he spoke. "I'm here to present an offer to the child of Kamon Vondiranach, and Satara Hawk. One of the twins produced through the Force. It makes you quite the empath and battle meditation master, and you have been up to much since last leaving my office."

With those words, he un-clipped the helmet from where it met the neck armor. A snap was audible, and the sound of air rushing into the sealed cavity could be heard. Beskar clad hands reached up and pulled the heavy helmet off revealing his long, flowing, blonde locks. A quick shake of his head and they were in their normal position, and the GrandMaster of the Jedi Order turned to face her. He quickly set the helmet down, and pushed a button on the chest piece of his armor. As it was a decoy, and not real Mandolorian armor, it all fell off with that press. Standing there in his normal Jedi attire, he adjusted the cream tunic and pants he was wearing quickly as he allowed her a few moments to look at him. While this was going on, he stopped repressing his Force signature and allowed his full self to shine in the Force once more.

"So, I came here to make a deal Spencer. Will you listen, or was this in vain?"

Spencer watched as the Mandolorian leaned forward. He stated he had business with her not with the Empress. She couldn't figure out anything besides the fact that there's a bounty on her head, who would want to deal with her? Knowing her position in the Empire she wasn't truly that important to anyone besides Ashin, still she carried enough authority to call in a fleet if necessary. Spencer remained on edge as she listened to him state her lineage, the man had done his research this part scared her. If he had done his research on who she was, then he would know bits of her weaknesses. Someone knowing her weakness was something that she couldn't counter -- there were so many despite the fact that Ashin was trying to fix them.

Her hands relaxed as she watched the mask start to come off. The uniform removed itself as well leaving the quite husky Darron Wraith. Spencer completely relaxed after seeing that he was underneath the armor. The man could destroy her in combat, though she didn't see him being the type to attack her. If he was, he would have done so in his office or when she stood before him again with the questions and the request for a lesson. He had gained her respect on Belsavis with the Taun Taun, but she was wary about him when he defended Anaya Fen someone who is more into the darkside than anyone Spencer knew. Though its the compassion that he showed that made him different from the other Jedi.

That's the part that she respected of him and probably the only thing they have in common.

"You've done your research I'm proud of you Darron. I just can't believe you would travel this far to tell me a tale of who I am and how I was created. I'm reminded every day of who my parents are -- they banished me from my homes, you know that right?"

Bitterness lingered on her tongue as she spoke of the homes that were no longer there. Still, she did her best to remain in control of her emotions. Giving into them too far would push her out of balance and she would fall deeper into the darkness. Closing her eyes, she centered her aura and then stared back towards Darron with her hazel orbs.

"Your trip won't be in vain, what is it that you wish to make a deal on? Though first off, I'm not leaving Ashin and I won't become a spy for you..."

"Yes Spencer, I have seen first hand how your father treats you."

A frown crossed his handsome features as he leaned against the railing, the memories of Kamon's wedding still fresh in his mind. She certainly has made her mistakes, but she deserves better than him as a father. Blue eyes met hazel, and he fearlessly held her gaze for another moment.

"No, I am not here to ask you to spy on your beloved. I know your feelings for each other are real, and please know I only offered that deal to keep you out of the Republic courts. Even now Jedi have been assigned to bring you in should they find you." He winked at her just a little to let her know she wouldn't have to worry about that, if his presence wasn't indicator enough. No reports had been falsified, but the Jedi sent after her had been given cold leads. Darron had taken the Republic Intelligence offices freshest reports on her, and made haste to Hapan. The intent of this mission wasn't to harm, or even capture her. So he calmly wrapped his arms around his chest, and made it quite clear he felt no need for the pair of electrum plated hilts clipped to his belt.

"I instead come to you, to offer you a place to weather the storm should your wandering lead you back to us. I can promise protection, and the testimony of the GrandMaster of the Jedi Order. You would be punished of course for breaking some laws, even if morally you weren't in the wrong. I know you did what you thought was best, and that you still are trying. Just know that some of us who see everything know what you are doing, and why. I can't apologize for your father, or his actions. Just know some of us do give a damn about you, and want you to be safe no matter your path."

He thought to put his hand on her shoulder, but froze with indecisiveness before saying one last thing.

"I know Ashin is the one you want, and you are under her protection. Should things change, know my door is always open at any time. You can even bring Ashin, I can't promise she won't be imprisoned. The system isn't perfect and I hope you see this, but should you both require my protection I will do my best for you two."

Spencer pulled away showing him she didn't want to be touched, it would only remind her of a fatherly gesture and the thought of hers being too busy with his new wife bothered her. She had gotten better at feeling her own emotions, she blocked his out and let her mind flood with the sadness she felt when she thought about her Father and how he was going to have what he always wanted. She wondered if she would ever fit into his mold. Closing her eyes she took in everything he said, he proposed protection from the Republic, she knew that if she went on trial the force would be taken from her. The force was everything to her, it was more than a life essence it was her entire being. The thought of being cut off from it sent a cold chill down her spine, of course she knew nothing of the true consequence of being cut off from the Force and how it would affect Aston.

"My father, he has what he wants. I'm letting him have his space. The wedding turning into a disaster is something he blames on Ashin and me. What he doesn't see is that I'm only still alive because of her. Everything that she had taught me, everything the teachers she had called in taught me...all of that has allowed me to survive the bounty hunters I've come across. Its allowed me to grow and be by myself. He doesn't see that she's my protector, he doesn't see any of that. All he sees is that she's the Empress...Feth if he would just talk to her he would see that I'm important to her -- and she 's not using me."

Talking about Ashin made Spencer clutch the blue dress she had bought the woman tightly. There was more than just love coming from Spencer, she depended on Ashin more than anything in this galaxy. The woman was all she had left and all of her choices had been for Ashin. The loss of three homes, friends, and now family all because of her feelings. Closing her eyes she fought back tears for a moment, she wondered if she had a chance if she would do it all over again the same way she did it now. It didnt' take long for her to know the answer to that question. Of course she would do it again -- her life wasn't what it was without Ashin. Her nose nestled into the fabric of the blue dress as she imagined it smelling like the woman, she sought some sort of comfort as she listened to the deal.

"Its a good deal, probably one of the better ones you've come up with. The only thing I ask is do your best to keep Ashin out of prison...if she gets arrested I will break every law to get her out. Darron...I can't survive with out her."

"Your lover is more Jedi than your father is, take that however you will."

Again, there was that urge to reach forward and hug Spencer. Instead, Darron walked away and simply let her soak in her feelings. He knew of her struggles as an empath, and him standing in close proximity wouldn't help her cope. What good was it to her if he was being the calm of the storm, and she was needing to vent some emotions? Judging from what he was feeling in the Force, her training she had received was working. She was standing alone, and he could feel her own feelings as defined as his own. Well imagine that, you let someone grow up, and they do just that. He wished deep in his heart he could just take a picture of her in that moment. Show it to Kamon, let him just digest what she had become on her own, and accept the woman she was. By no means was she perfect, but then again who is?

I can vividly remember myself at her age..

Flashes to a time long ago filled his mind, and he could see himself at her age just then. His power was raw and wild, his frame much thinner and more wiry than the muscular one he sported. All of the anger and rage that had ruled him during those years was fresh on his mind, like a scab he had just picked. Except now he wasn't in the heat of the moment anymore, he could plainly view his emotions. See the inherent flaws in who he was now, and who he had been then. Though, he wouldn't have made it to where he was now had he not gone through his troubled youth. Je'gan Olraen had worked tirelessly with him during those formative years when he found himself. Why couldn't he reach out to her in the same way, and assist her? Darron was much younger than his former friend had been at the time, but the Jedi Master assumed his experience was enough.

Blue eyes met hazel again, and he could see an image of who she would be when she was older. So be it Darron, sometimes you just have to take risks.

Darron Wraith, GrandMaster of the Jedi Order, walked over to Spencer Jacobs, First Apprentice to Lady Desmius and gave her a good hug. His thick arms squeezed her tightly but gently, and he held her like a father would hold his daughter. The Jedi didn't press his luck though as he stopped the embrace a few moments later and walked away to look out over the Hapan sunset. His demeanor was rather bleak as he decided to just be honest with her.

"You know my respect for all life. I know Ashin would be with the Jedi if not for those poisons, but I do know what darkside corruption does Spencer. I know the list of laws she has broken, and if she instigated a conflict or forced my hand I would have to do my duty. You know she would kill me if she had to, and if she left me no choice I would do the same to her. It's not that I want it, it's the last thing I want. So please stand in my shoes, you are older and wiser. Prove it and look at the big galactic picture. I can promise you though, as Darron Wraith I will do everything to spare her life and keep her from prison."

A brief silence fell over them as he finished his sentence. "As GrandMaster of the Jedi Order, I will do my duty as the code demands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom