Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day with Daddy

@[member="Lilin Amore Lancaster"]

On the Zhat homeworld, Vitor was out and about on the planet with Lilin, his daughter. She had grown up rather well, and for the time being, it was Vitor's time to take her out, in order for them to have some fun. He had mostly been too busy to spend time with his daughter, but because of a lull in work, he was able to take her out to do whatever she wished. Right now, the two were on their way to a place she wished to go to, her hand in his.

"Lilin... How are you doing?"

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
Lilin was only three years old. She had been raised mostly by her mother due to the fact, that her father was away from the family most of the time. She was quite like her mother: a bit playful, yet serious when there was a need for that. She had some friends in the tribe who often played with her, but most people avoided being close to her because of the 'curse'. It wasn't her fault, that she automatically trained people out of energy. Genetics caused it, not her.

She enjoyed all the time she had with her father. The Light Side in him was so interesting, so Lilin loved playing with him to understand it even more. Just like her mother, she was seeking to get Vitor to the Dark Side of the Force.

"I'm fine." Her voice was innocent, much better than Malificete's. Maybe it was so because of her natural corruption...

@[member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

A soft smile crossed his face as he continued to walk with Lilin, her hand in his as the two moved onwards. Lilin had really been wanting to go to the park to play on the swings and go down the slide, and of course her father was more than willing to oblige. "So, baby girl, how has mommy been doing with you?" He smiled, gently looking his daughter over as they walked on the soft grass road to the park.

After all, Vitor had built it especially for her, though the other Zhat children used it too.

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
"She's nice. I like her. I miss you," Lilin replied. She was not a good speaker of Galactic Basic Standard yet. She was able to use only basic vocabulary, but she was just a little kid, after all. Lilin loved visiting the park, but with daddy, she loved it even more. "Mommy is always tired and sick." Obviously she didn't know she had the natural ability to drain people out of energy. Malificete was under the effect of it every day, so it was even worse on her. "I don't have much to do at home. She doesn't play with me much." Her voice was cute, just like her appearance. But she was full of little pranks and naughtiness.

Smiling, he looked over at his daughter again. "Well, I'll see if I can't take a good sized break to be with you and mommy more. Okay?" He gently ruffled her hair. "Mommy just needs some time away from you. See, me and her are ahpposed to share an equal amount of time with you. But we can't do that. I have to work so you and mommy will have all the good and such you need. She is probably sick because I haven't been able to spend my share of time with you."

A soft smile crossed his lips as the two stepped into the clearing where the park was.

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
Lilin nodded, even though she didn't understand what her father was exactly saying. "Why are you so far from home? Don't you miss us?" she asked when they finally reached the playground. Some Zahati'i children were already playing there, but as soon as Lilin arrived, they stopped everything they were doing and moved away from her. They were scared of the darkness which radiated from her. She was indeed a corrupted child. Some Druids had predicted, that she won't even see her sixteenth birthday due to the corruption inside her, but Malificete disagreed with them, so Lilin did the same.

He sighed, gently taking his daughter's hand. "I have to work in order to support our family. All I make goes to us. Your mother doesn't have a money-making job, which means I have to work harder." A soft sigh crossed his face. "When you grow older and have a family yourself, you'll understand what I'm talking about. And I do miss you and your brother deeply. You two are very important to me, more than anything else in the entire galaxy.

Smiling, he gave a grin and pointed at a swing set. "Want me to push you on the swings?"

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
"Yes!" Lilin shouted. She was definitely not as polite as her mother was, but it was kind of obvious due to various reasons. Since Vitor was not always with his family, neither Malificete nor Lilin was able to tell if he had perfect manners too, but one thing was sure: Lilin didn't have them. She often bullied other children verbally, which was another reason why they tried to avoid being near her. Most of the times, she managed to get what she wants, so some people were known for "losing" their toys.

She ran to the swings and sat on top of one.

"Quieter and calmer, Lilin." He sighed. "Relax yourself. No need for you to shout, Lilin." Standing behind the young Sithling who was his daughter, Vitor began to gently push her on the swings. "Lilin, I suppose I have a few questions for you. How have you and your mother doing? How have you been integrating with the others? Is anything wrong?"

He would've hugged her, but he was pushing her on the swing right now.

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
"Everybody hates me, but I don't know, why... Mommy is always so tired and ill. I don't know, why," Lilin answered. "You think it's because of me?" She understood, what's going on. Around her, everybody felt tired and bad, but she didn't know, what was the reason behind it. Even her own 'friends' were affected by the power, but if she would've known how to turn it off, she would've already done it.

With a soft focus, he sensed her. He touched her aura, and gasped as he felt the very power be drained from him for a brief moment. "Lilin... You have a very special ability. It can be very powerful, but it can also be very dangerous. You have the ability to drain. You can drain both life energy and Force energy from people around you. That's why your mother is sick - she hasn't been protecting herself from the draining energy." He sighed. "It's an aftereffect of your natural corruption - but with training, you can nullify it."

He smiled, giving her a hug. "And don't think this means we don't love you. I love you so much... You're my only child."

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
Lilin was obviously a bit sad. She understood she is the reason why her mum is so ill. Her child-intelligence made her think, that only her father loves her due to the reason, that he had never suffered from the effects of the girl's power. "Can you help me get rid of that?" she asked after some moments of silence. "I don't want to bother mommy. But she's stronger than you, right?" She had come to acknowledge that only because her mother was more with her than her father was. Though most likely Vitor had his own strengths, making her more equal with Malificete.

"No... but I can help you control it. Learn how to turn it on and off. Like a switch." he paused at her last question. "Both of us are equal in power. I merely dedicate it towards making money for our family to live off of. It's a great sacrifice I have to make so you and mommy can live well." He continued to push her on the swing set.

"When you're older, you'll understand."

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
True. Lilin didn't understand anything yet. "How do I do it?" she was curious. It was a fine skill, actually, but sometimes it made Lilin really sad. Nobody wanted to play with her. They were afraid to do anything against her, they were frightened by the thought of talking to her. It was a nightmare. Only her family understood her. Her mother had even thought, that maybe this planet is not meant for them. There were so many better planets, after all. Zahati'i were driven mad by their "supreme faith".

"I want you to focus on that drain, okay? Close your eyes and let yourself visualize what you know as a switch. An up and a down, okay?" He smiled. "Now focus on making that switch go down. Focus on it so you can the it off - and thus, the drain will stop and mommy won't be tired anymore."

He smiled, slowing down the swing and waiting for her to stop so he could hug her."

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
Clearly she wasn't very good at such things. She focused on her energy draining power and then on the switch. The switch she portrayed was huge, majestic.

But Lilin was not as weak as her mother was and thus, if this way would've worked on Malificete, it didn't for Lilin. As she "pressed the switch down", she she started feeling a bit odd. She became a bit dizzy because of it and everything started getting darker for her. She struggled at holding her head up. She struggled at holding onto the swing. Her tiny hands became weaker, the right one becoming about as weak as her left one, which was naturally extremely weak. "Daddy..." she whispered.

"Lilin... Are you okay?" He gasped, coming over to her. "Lilin..." He gently stroked her hair, stopping the swing and putting her in his strong arms. "There there... Are you okay?" She seemed weak and frail. "You need to turn the switch on. Do it, Lilin... Maybe that will help you feel better." He pondered.

"Please , do it..."

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
She was almost unconscious. Everything was dark. She was almost gone for a moment.

"Please , do it..."

Trying to focus, even though it was hard, Lilin managed to imagine the switch again in front of her. She could barely see it, but one thing was sure: it was turned off. As she tried to flip it to the other side, she felt even worse. Probably she had projected the wrong switch, which was her life one. Or her life depended on this skill. Either way, she managed to turn the ability (or her life) on.

"Daddy..."

"Lilin, I'm sorry... So sorry..." A tear ran down his cheek as he cuddled her tightly, giving her the love and adoration that only a father could give to his daughter. "I thought you were ready. But you aren't yet. You're still a child. As you grow up, I promise you'll learn to better control it. It's just that right now, your body isn't ready."

He smiled, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, Lilin."

Lilin Amore Lancaster

L
She was tired and felt really, really bad. Indeed, she was not ready yet. She was too young to understand the ways of the Force, even though sometimes, she managed to move things around using only her mind.

Darkness which she saw started disappearing, but she was still really weak. It may have been her first near-death experience, yet it was more terrifying. She had nearly committed suicide. Not many kids had done anything like that before.

"It's fine, daddy..." she whispered softly, her voice obviously tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom