Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day Like Any Other... Or Is It?

(Labeled public cause, I don't know what It is. Rules: pm me if you wanna post and no trolls!)

Planet: Tatooine
Place: Central Slave market
Time: mid morning

In a desert planet like this one, suffering was normal. To get money, or stay alive, you had to suffer. One could easily get away from the suffering by hiring another to do the work, but then you would loose money and still suffer.
However, you could get a slave for cheap and work them instead of hiring. In this way, you could have the work done for free. If the slave didn't obey, conditioning and whipping would cure that real quick. If the slave became useless, selling them for the highest price was the norm, as well as shooting them. Some called it "putting them out of their misery, but in reality it was a quick way to dispose of the useless slave that could no longer, or wouldn't work.
A slave had to be quick to learn and just as quick to act. They would adapt to the situation and the master real fast, had to or it would go well for them.

The was the life of a young girl. She had no name, rather she had a number. #24061. She was an all around slave, anything you needed done, for the most part, she would do it. Normally, she would be working till dark, possibly cleaning machinery.
But, not today. Today she was being sold at a slave sale. While many frowned on slavery, it was still around. Word got around that is was illegal, but not one officer of security ever came by to correct the 'problem.' In fact, any whom came would turn a blind eye, even ignore the begging of slaves. The girl never spoke up, it was useless anyways. What would she do with freedom? what was freedom.

Shaking her head, the girl cleared her thoughts as she was pulled up to the front of the row. The tent barely covered her from the beating down sun. today would be another hot day, as was the norm. She could hear other slaves refusing to obey and begged to stay together, if they were families. However, there was no way to ensure this. The girl knew this.
She had been a slave for too long to be hopeful, but today felt different, but why?
She was a slave.... slaves didn't feel.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJodkaMiYrE[/media]​
An Imperial Shuttle could be seen descending from orbit. It’s sleek gray design unmistakable. It completely ignored fighter craft and landed right outside the slave market. Sand rolled upwards in great clouds and a distant hiss emanated from the rear of the craft. The dust parted and a platoon of Stormtroopers charged out. They knocked over stalls and took up defensive positions accordingly.

A Csillian walked down the gang plank shortly after. He made his way through the wrecked market and approached the slaves. He grabbed one whimpering girl by the jaw line and eyed her pathetic form. She trembled and gave a small yelp when he released her. A large fat man roared at Desmond, something about scaring away his customers. The Chiss raised a single hand as he continued to appraise the man’s stock. After he had finished staring down the miserable slaves he spoke.

“I find slavery appalling. I am here to shut down your markets and to conscript these men and women for the Imperial cause,” He said in his thick Imperial accent. The slave master seemed flabbergasted. How could this man march into a den of slavers and simply demand the freedom of all!

“WHY THE GALL! YOU IMPERIALS HOLD NO AUTHORITY HERE!” He cried out in dismay. Desmond raised his hand again and this time when he lowered it a single blaster rang out through the open market. The fat slave master fell to the ground obviously dead. He eyed one slave in particular.

“You there, girl. What is your name?” He took her wrist into his hand and searched for any deformities that might impede her work for the Empire. Meanwhile the Stormtroopers began to engage the slavers in combat. Blaster bolts sang through the air and men died. But, Des seemed completely unphased by the battle that roared around them.

[member="#24061"]

The girl yelped and ducked when she heard the shot rang through the market. What was going on?! She whimpered and tried to make herself small.

She heard her master shout, but it was cut off by the blaster fire. The girl burst into a coughing fit, the tightened collar making her condition worst.

She heard a man speak. He seemed to be the leader of the group that came. Why would they destroy the market? Were they a gang that disliked her master?

"#24061." She croaked, confused by his question. Why would she have a name in the first place? She was a slave. She shook as he looked and touched her wrist.

She gave him a number. Desmond smirked at this "Why darling we just met," Did the girl truly have no name? If so she would fit right in the Stormtrooper corps with the rest of the no name troopers. The battle had begun to die down and the rest of the slavers were rounded up and placed in the middle of the market stall. A trooper approached the pair

"Sir what do we do with the rest?"

Des turned and stared at the group of prisoners coldly "Kill the scum," The Storm trooper simply nodded his head and went back to his platoon.

The troopers formed a firing squad and blasted the helpless slavers. Their cries could be heard through out the small village as they were ruthlessly slaughtered. The streets ran red with their blood. Des even got a little on his expensive loafers. Disgusting.. He thought as he flicked his shoe a little. Dust rolled through the town as the bodies hit the ground and finally when the last had fallen the place grew eerily quiet.

"Well 24061 won't do, I shall call you Persimmon. You and the rest of the slaves have a choice. Serve the Empire or go about your business," Immediately multiple slaves saluted the Blue man and he nodded to them in turn. It was essentially join the Empire or go back to being a slave. For surely once the Imperials left the locals would only subjugate them once again.

"I offer you a chance at vengeance. We have much power you know. There are people in our Empire who can teach you unspeakable magics," He said with heated interest.

[member="#24061"]

There was something wrong about this. The girl shook her head, she didn't want to kill.

"Forgive me, Sir, but I wish to not go with you." She coughed harshly. The girl shook, wanting to run, despite her training telling her not to. "If you would permit me to live, I will not bother you."

She bowed, hoping beyond hope he wouldn't be mad at her. He looked very strong and while he didn't seem to need brute force, the girl had no doubt he could easily snap her neck or spine.

@Desmond Cartyom

The girl declined his offer. So, the old saying about a first for everything was true... Desmond was unsure how to take the affront. He hadn't been turned down in god knows how long. His eye twitched slightly and he regarded the girl with a wolfish grin. "Come now darling surely you do not mean that? Where else will you go?" He could not simply force the woman to join him. He was an Imperial not a brute. Despite the display with the slavers he was not a mad man. Justice was swift and brutal in the empire, but always well deserved.

The Storm Troopers fell in line behind him. "What shall we do with the slaves sir?" A trooper questioned. Desmond regarded the rest of the poor retches with a sympathetic eye.

"They are to accompany us back to the destroyer," From there they would be given clothing, food, and a bed. In exchange for their loyal service to the Empire that is. The slaves walked to the platoon and stood in a crowd, shambling around unprofessionally. Oh yes they would need quiet a bit of training, but he would make weapons out of them all.

He regarded the slave girl once again "I shall call the Jedi. Perhaps you will have better luck with them," He righted himself and stood rigidly. "Bring me my holocomm and get [member="Cathul Thuku"] on the line!"

Kyrel had just finished a trip to the Jundland wastes. He had traveled to the desert world to explore the force nexus that was left behind by Anakin Skywalker when he slaughtered an entire Tusken Raider tribe. After arriving there he felt an immense power of the dark side and even reveled in it by meditating but that was interrupted by a disturbance in the force. He rushed quickly to his Zepher G Swoop bike and followed wherever he had sensed the source of the Disturbance. During the course of the trip the swoop zoomed through the rocky cliffs of the Jundland wastes and the endless sand sea of the dune sea when he finally arrived at his destination.

He had arrived towards a small settlement where he had sensed the source of the disturbance. He got out of the swoop and walked in a strut towards the town his mechanical breathing the only sound he made,and his cape flowing freely in the breeze. He curiously looked around the settlement that was mostly empty besides one thing that caught his gaze. A platoon of Stormtroopers were there,this did not surprise Kyrel however as a Disciple of Ren he commanded stormtroopers on the missions he was sent. What was surprising was that a chiss was eyeing a young girl,and after gaining a closer look he realized she was a slave,but something did catch his eye. He reached out with the force,and found that this girl was bristling with the force. He than decided to investigate further by revealing himself.

Walking in a painful but purposeful stride the mechanical breathing evident. He gazed at the chiss officer and asked inquisitively lightsaber dangling under his belt. "Officer may i ask what is your purpose here with that child?" He asked his mechanical baritone booming.

[member="#24061"]
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Desmond watched as the dust rolled through the village. The fly had already begun to amass over the bodies. A storm trooper disposed of his holo comm and he waited patiently for the arrival of the master Jedi. Off in the distance he thought he saw something stirring up quite the dust storm. The speeder was parked on the outside of the village, but rather than the Jedi Desmond was expecting a monstrous mechanical man approached.

The storm troopers parted into two rows and snapped to attention at the sight of the Sith lord. Desmond regarded him with calculative eyes. The man would probably kill all of them before he could even get a shot off. He had no quarrel with this man and even if he did he doubted he would survive the encounter. “Greetings my lord. This town has been liberated by the Imperial Remnant,” Des said with a casual bow. “I was attempting to conscript this young woman, but she has decided otherwise. Perhaps you or the Jedi I have contacted will have better luck,” He replied curtly to the Sith.

[member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="#24061"]

The girl gave a frightened yelped when she saw the metal man. Stumbling back, she make an attempt to hide herself behind a pile of rubble. "Sirs, please! Mercy!"

She shook like a leaf in a storm, gasping and whimpering as the still tight collar dug into her neck.

One of her more fresh wounds reopened. Blood seeped from it, possibly infection as well.

His eyes widened upon hearing he was a Sith. He found the comment insulting after all he was a Ren a emissary and enforcer of the Supreme Leader. He listened closely brushing the comment off to the side but upon hearing 'Imperial Remnant' He scoffed mentally. This so called Remnant was founded by the First Order's most brilliant admirals and one of the best who was now declared a traitor and had a high price on his head. One day he had hoped to either capture him or even better eliminate him for all he knew he was surrounded by traitors. He knew from history that the Remnant failed shortly after the battle of endor due to infighting and that was why the First Order was founded they were the True Empire not this farce. They might even prove a threat one day when the First Order conquers the galaxy and could spark a so called Imperial Civil War.

He scowled at the Chiss through his photoreceptors and spoke in a cold tone that showed a hint of being passive aggressive. "I'm afraid officer i do not recognize such an organization merely just traitors to the True Empire. I am no Sith I am a Ren an emissary for the wise Supreme Leader" His attention was than drawn by the young girl who was simply cowering behind some rocks. He walked over to her feeding off her fear. He said in the best gentle tone he could through his vocabulater. "I do not wish to harm you child. What is your name?" He had some idea that she didn't have one but he had to be sure if she had some form of an identity.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"]
[member="#24061"]

Cathul was still looking to relearn how to walk, even with these prosthetics, it was not going to be easy. The physical therapist had to watch carefully while she is having another session just a mere few days after these cybernetic legs were even fitted in the first place. She made a little progress, she is now able to walk a few steps but still at the cost of great concentration. She still feels like she is a long way from regaining her mobility on foot even though mobility on foot is more important for the more lightsaber-heavy among the Jedi. Oh, sure, she often framed it as intellectual-heavy vs. lightsaber-heavy but it should instead be framed as lightsaber-heavy vs. Force-heavy, and it was obvious to anyone who knew about the millenia-old Jedi vs. Sith dilemma, and especially the untrained Force-users, that the appeal of the lightsaber is pretty difficult to dispel. In Mando-land, it was chosen pretty much by default.

"We're being hailed, admiral"

"Patch it through" she ordered, while still in the confines of the headquarters of Therapy Command on Inysh, tripping from the resulting loss of concentration, after walking roughly five meters or so.

"Bring me my holocomm and get Cathul Thuku on the line!" [member="Desmond C'artyom"] ordered.

"Greetings, prospective apprentice. I am Cathul Thuku, from the New Jedi Order. I mean you no harm: with the NJO you can choose from a wide range of ways to help protect the weak and innocent, to do what's right for the galaxy, whether by curing patients, traveling across the galaxy doing research, fighting crime using the light side of the Force, and so on, so forth. If you're interested, just send me your coordinates"

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="#24061"]

Tatoonie
Just as bad as narshadda, just a lot hotter lot deadlier and a lot less slavers...mostky just a hint used to transport or sell, however stardust was there to provide food to the people, she sold crops from her planet to different places around the galaxy

However like always stardust seems to be where action is, or well it was brief thankfully, after the slaves had been executed, stardust had finally considered it safe to walk out, she was met with a sight of four...well three here and one...thankfully away

Well then..this seems to be a Interesting gathering

She spoke as she walked, her aura was a large one, anyone using the force could tell she was quite strong, yet the way she walked and moved, it was soft and calm as was her voice, she paid no attention to cathul as she looked at the three,one was a ren...another seemed imperial of some sort, and a little girl

I'll ask once, and I'll make clear as I can, what has happened here

Her voice had changed to a stern tone, not commanding, but one that would be heard well, she looked to the girl, she could feel pain coming from her, she moved over to her and crouched she looked her over seeing her bleeding

Someone get me a med kit...now

[member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="#24061"] [member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

The girl gave a whimper as the female knelt besides her. "Please..... Miss..... I don't wish to be a bother......" Her croaking turned into a harsh, loud cough that continued for several minutes.

She let a calm aura emit from her, if it worked the girl would hopefully calm down some, she reached a hand out gently as she watched her coughing, she placed it on her back and patted, this girl seemed sick...extremely sick...not to mention she was bleedimg...she looked to her neck seeing the collar, she looked at it as she started to undo it and then threw it away to the side, her touch was gentle and warm

Karting slavers...no decent morales at all for anyone

She whispered and looked to the girl

Shhhhhh shh your not a bother at all dear, your safe now, we'll get you food clothing and medicine I promise

She looked to [member="Desmond C'artyom"] and spoke

Can you have a medic come here quickly? This little girl may be sick...in combination with bleeding....

The girl gasped for air, shaking. A sensation of calm surrounded her, making her body go slightly limp. She gave an involuntary, weak whimper of pain.

What was going on? She wasn't sure, everything was a blurr around her.....

Her back throbbed.

Desmond C'artyom stood crisply. Looking down on the pair with not a shred of sympathy in his eye. He nodded to a stormtrooper and the man ran off to go find a medic. When he came back he was followed by a wrinkly old man. The old man looked frightened and carried a small doctors bag.

"The town Doctor," The Storm Trooper said as he thrusted the old man forward.

The doctor would approach the woman and begin to administer proper aid to the girls neck. He prodded her body with a gentle touch.

She squirmed and whimpered as someone continued to poke her. Was this some new form of punishment?

The girl did her best to lay very still, not wanting to anger whomever was her master now.

"Mercy... Master.....please...." She begged quietly, close to sobbing.

Everything hurt, she wanted to just drift away......

The world started to darken.

She looked to the girl as she sighed out, she gave the doctor some room to work, meanwhile she looked to the three, such odd was the galaxy that four enemies meet...well...Stardust to the ren wouldn't be considered a enemy...

She heard the girl and turned to her as she rubbed her forward

Hey hey, your free it's ok you have no master now, your bonds are broken and you are free

She said as she saw her going limp

Hey stay awake come on now don't fall asleep

She said giving a gentle shake of the girls body as she looked to cathul who was sure to still be on the holo comm and swallowed her pride and hate as she stood and faced her

[member="Cathul Thuku"] * she forced out and closed her eyes sighing* we need you at our location...we don't have...a proper medic here...sending you the location...now....

[member="#24061"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom