Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Crown for the Crown [Lacar]

One week ago.

To Mr. Lucullus Lacar:
Approximately 30 galactic standard days ago one of my cargo ships fell under siege to a small pirate armada, within which several members were wearing one of your most recent products on the market, a one Azai Upper Body Augmentation piece that, despite the pirates' failure to coordinate an effectual apprehension of goods, proved to be highly resilient during the fray. Two of my soldiers are recovering from broken limbs thanks in part to your product.

I am intrigued by your designs and wish to view more. I will be in the neighboring system of Bastion in one week and would like to meet with you to discuss potential business arrangements that could be to the benefit of both our needs.

Signed,
Lorelei Darke
Sovereign of Kuat
CEO of Kuat Drive Yards

~~~~~~~~
Dubrilion
Following the Ball of Bastion
HQ of Crown Consortium

Having taken her leave from the side of [member="Gerion Ardik"], Lorelei Darke arrived on Dubrilion at half-past noon, her ship skimming over the vast expanse of blue oceans with the sun glimmering off the waves beneath. The planet reminded her strongly of home and was a pleasant respite from the experience of the Ball of Bastion.

A breath of fresh air, if you will.

After the acquisition of Gaillard, KDY's CEO had turned her sights back to the realm of armor - a department that they'd only dabbled in for VIPs such as Jedi Master Diana Moridena and the reknowned Protectorate Merc Hazel Scheler. The R&D department was hungry for expansion and the funds were pooling for just that - first, however, she needed to find a mind to run the show.

Crown Consortium's owner might just be the candidate she was looking for.

"You Majesty, ETA five minutes."

Today called for business formal attire - handsomely tailored kuatian high-collared robes of black accented by swathes of red and the gleam of gold. The crimson mane of hair that so characterized the Kuatian Sovereign sat neatly pulled into plaited braids pinned along the back of her head.

"Ma'am?" Lacy Hardt, her personal assistant and secretary, arrived with an onyx jewelry box in her hands.

"Not today Miss Hardt."

"What about the gold studs?"

"That'll do. You'll remain on the ship, Miss Hardt."

"As you wish, your Majesty."

The ship gave a faint shudder as it touched down to the landing pad of the CC headquarters. Lorelei watched in the mirror as her noghri body guard, Kefka, appeared in her doorway, beady eyes leering. They were early - she could only hope her host would be so punctual.

[member="Lucullus Lacar"]

Crown's founder tucked the letter into a drawer in his desk. Reclining in his chair, he mulled over what Ms. Darke had said to him. Pirates? With my gear? He was generally a man that didn't mind what goods went where, so long as a few credits found their way to his account, but when pirates had his equipment - things geared especially for high-functioning units that knew what they were doing with the equipment and how it helped - he couldn't help but think that his efforts were just a little bit wasted on those who couldn't appreciate them

And that just wouldn't do.

He could tell by just the two titles she signed off with that she would be coming to meet with him; CEO of KDY, Sovereign. Irregardless of whatever response he sent to Lorelei, Lacar was in for a visit. He set fingers to the screen of a datapad and sent back his own message;

Ms. Lorelei Darke:
While I regret to hear of injuries sustained resulting from use of my product against your forces, I must clarify that pirates are not in my list of clientele, and I will look into how they received my goods. If you wish to discuss augmentations, you will be pleased to know that I am currently in the process of designing another addition to the suit of enhancements that the Azai belongs to, and will be happy to give demonstrations.

As for a meeting, Crown Consortium's acting headquarters is based on the planet Dubrillion, in close proximity to Bastion. I will be available throughout the time you are in the system, and open to meeting.
Signed,
Lucullus Lacar
CEO of Crown Consortium

-----

On days like this Lucullus was glad to have opted for the glass-fronted design for an entire wall of his office, rather than a small window. The south-facing room offered uninterrupted views of the Dubrillion Ocean for miles, and the sunlight reflecting of the surface was one of his favourite sights. It was, however, now broken by a ship skipping over the water's surface. Lucullus continued gazing across the waters, vaguely aware in his periphery of the ship drawing closer, and then disappearing from his sightline as it landed.

On the pad, a Crown employee would greet Lorelei and her companions and lead them through the labyrinthine interior. Down a hallway, a slanted glass observation window would offer a view into a workshop, where at one end technicians built existing designs and researchers designed new components at the other. Turning a corner, a door stood open at the end of another hallway. Through the doorway, Ms. Darke would be able to make out a desk - behind which stood a man framed by expanses of blue and surrounded by a corona of reflected light.

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

"I can appreciate an office with a view, Mr. Lacar," Lorelei commented as she stepped through the doorway to his office, acidic green gaze sweeping across the expanse of the room, "my own in the drive yards is quite something, though I think at times I would prefer that of the ocean."

Kefka stepped in behind her, taking up his stance at the right of the office entrance. Behind, in the hallway, the silhouettes of her fully-armored Royal Guard could be seen lining up at attention. It was likely there were more where that came from-out of sight-but bringing an entire army along for a meeting was often frowned upon by most. Needless to say, Kuat didn't let it's Queen go far from the realm of its protection.

"Your facilities are impressive. Is this entire venture yours?"

The Hapan turned. Flight suit replaced by a simple yet elegant button-front slate shirt, sleeves rolled to just under the elbows and supplemented by black pants. The top button of the shirt was open and a chrome watch was wrapped neatly about his wrist. Form follows function, and Lacar was a man who favoured practicality over pure aesthetics, so he didn't see the need in dressing himself in layers and layers of exquisite materials, particularly when he was most often getting his hands stuck into the manual work.

"The Consortium started out as a third mine, the other two shared between two colleagues at home. Once I decided to leave the Hapes Cluster and look for business elsewhere however, they were less favourable - so I bought them out. Yes, it's all mine."

Lucullus' briefly looked past Lorelei to the outfit of guards lining his corridors, the faintest of smirks twitching at a corner of his lip. His gaze settled eventually on her in turn, carefully inspecting and taking in every detail of her looks; the exquisite outfit she had picked (which he had been flattered by the effort, not quite so used to being around those of such standing) her blazing red mane that put even his fiery-red hair to shame; and the piercing green of her eyes - which was, coincidentally, his favourite colour.

"In your correspondence, you mentioned business arrangements and benefits - both of which I very much like. What would you like to discuss?"

With the final utterance, the pilot-come-entrepreneur flourished his hand to her right, upon which wall were mounted both schematics for new pieces of equipment, weaponry, and even an in-progress sketch of a mech-walker. All of these, however, were merely surrounding for the centre-piece: A rough outline of a human body with the Azai attachment sat astride the shoulders and a pair of black pants intertwined with cables resting on the leg area, pinned to the wall by the waist.

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Brevity was the tone in which the Queen pursued, "Several, though that entirely depends upon what I see here today."

Lorelei Darke was, first and foremost, a business woman. A shark in the waters of commerce that had put more than her fair share of competition out of market. Opportunity was not a game to her, but an art, and one that she had mastered over the years. The woman strode in without preamble and moved to inspect the wall upon which several of his current projects were displayed, the glint of intrigue in her eyes.

"Your Aszai designs are quite remarkable. Simple. Functional. Sleek. It sells itself with very little effort on your part, I'm sure. Tell me a bit more about this project and your company. Surely you have goals for the future, hm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom