Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Afternoon

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Darlyn Excron"] had been away on a little adventure. He borrowed one of her vessels and hopefully kept it in good shape. He better have.

Kay sat in her office on one of her comfy chairs, tea cup cradled in one hand, datapad in the other. She had been told of Darlyn's return. Now she waited for him to pop by and let her know how things went. While she was waiting, she was happy to read one of her mystery holo-novels. There was one such story about a treasure hunt that had her hooked and she hated to put it down. So it wasn't as though she was bored. On the contrary, she was quite happy and comfortable.

Of course it wasn't the first time he was late to a meeting with [member="Lady Kay"]. It would be far from the last as well, though certainly knowing what he had previously told her, and what he would have yet to tell, she would be thankful he didn't head straight for her office. Instead he had spent no less than an entire hour in the showers, making sure to scrub every last forsaken piece of swamp from his body until its stench no longer permeated the air around him. Of course his robes were to be washed, forcing him to attend the meeting dressed in his training garb, a loose black shirt and simple pants with a belt for his weapons. Quite frankly it was comfortable compared to his adventure, but it was hardly something to meet the Queen in.

Even so, he had little choice. He supposed a guardsman uniform would work fine, but he had an aversion to uniforms in general, and surely that would be a sign he was some very well dressed impostor. Couldn't have that. So, he was quick to arrive at the office doors, and made his desire to enter obvious by knocking three times upon the door itself. AT his belt, both his lightsaber and the prize of his hunt hung, at either side, fully on display.

Kay-Larr

The knocks on the door nearly startled her. Nearly. She set down her datapad on the coffee table, but kept her tea in hand. "Come in." Of course she didn't expect it to be anyone else other than [member="Darlyn Excron"] .

She raised a brow slightly as he walked in. Not so much at what he was wearing, but more so at the weapons. "Welcome back. Good to see that you're all in one piece. How about my ship?" Kay wasn't quite made aware of what his adventure was about. Or at least, she didn't remember. There was too much going on.

He smiled lightly, walking inside and nodding his head. "Completely untouched, though the shuttle will be having its landing gear cleaned for the remainder of the day no doubt." He found himself a seat across from [member="Lady Kay"], relaxing back in it a bit with a sigh. "I do apologize for the delay in coming to see you, I didn't figure you'd like to see the direct results of Zakuul's swamps. I'm sure you can understand the desire to not trek it more than I already had."

He hummed, glancing at her datapad and then her cup of tea. "I don't suppose you have a spare cup? You're beginning to rub off on me."

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little, scrunching up her nose as she imagined the awful smell that [member="Darlyn Excron"] was describing. "Thank you for that."

As he asked her for tea, she smiled and gestured towards the side table. "There's a spare cup and teapot there. Help yourself. So tell me, were you successful in your venture? Your good mood suggests as much."

A smile graced his lips as he moved over to the teapot, opting to physically pour the tea out this time. He would've normally done so with the Force, if only as an exercise in control, but given how exhaustive his trip had been it would be best not to test fate. The cup of tea prepared and in hand, he rejoined Kay in his seat and nodded to her question. "It's been a very successful trip indeed. Though I neglected to tell you what it was I was looking for, hadn't I?" He was purposefully not telling her quite yet, leaving her hanging on that note as he gave the tea a sip.

And he made her wait another few moments, considering the best way to introduce it. After a while, he set the tea down, and smirked a bit. "Tell me Kay, have you heard of a man named Exar Kun?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She slipped off her shoes and adjusted herself so that her feet were underneath her. It was okay to be less formal and regal around [member="Darlyn Excron"] .

Kay nodded, glad that his trip was a good one. "No, you didn't say what it was for."

She sipped her tea and waited for him to explain. But all that he did was ask her a question instead. "Yes, though only a little. He was a powerful Sith Lord from a long time ago, wasn't he? And didn't he have holocrons that were sought after?"

"Among other possessions, yes. A powerful Sith, and a fierce duelist if i recall correctly. Perhaps the greatest of his time, judging by how hard the Jedi worked to slay him." He chuckled and reached to his side, unclipping the newer addition to his arsenal. "He was particularly known for wielding a modified lightsaber. Rather than a single dual phase blade, it possessed a second emitter, producing two blades from a single hilt." Two button presses, and Kun's blue blades ignited on either end, safely off to the side.

"I think he had good taste in design, don't you?" He gave [member="Lady Kay"] a smile, rather pleased with how he had presented to her his new weapon.

Kay-Larr

She watched as [member="Darlyn Excron"] removed the lightsaber and ignited it. Seeing one with duel blades was rare. And seeing one that belonged to a Sith from so long ago was quite another.

Kay leaned forward in her chair. "How did you know where to find it? And will others hunt you down for it?" Such a lightsaber had to be very special and sought after. Darlyn had to be careful as to who he told about it.

"I listen to the background. Rumours spread like wildfire the more they get told. One in particular caught my attention, and I acted on it. Certainly there's a certain risk in it but, well, the rewards can be quite worthwhile. Call it a hunter's intuition, but I thought it worthwhile to heed this one, as outlandish as it sounded. A cannibal cult on Zakuul, now that's an entertaining story." He disabled the lightsaber's blades, clipping it to his belt with a chuckle.

"There is one individual who might know I have the blade and seek it out, however it would stand to reason that she is no fool either. A sith by the name of Kayn, if I recall. She was hunting the blade as well, provided quite the interesting rival as well. However given her.. somehow even more lacking training than my own it would be safe to assume I've more than a few tricks to mess with her if she were to come around here again. And I remember a face. Even so, it's still just a weapon, it holds far more value as a symbol than anything else." Of course he neglected to note to her that the weapon itself had been boosting his own potential. His lightning since picking it up had been viciously more powerful, and his darkness was more distinct than ever. But to the latter, surely [member="Lady Kay"] could attribute it to something as simple as his devotion to her. Darkness begets darkness, after all.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded while she listened to [member="Darlyn Excron"] tell his story. A cannibal cult was certainly not something that she'd like to run into. Cults in general were creepy in their own right and she avoided them. Thankfully there were no such things on Commenor, as far as she was aware.

"I'd still look out for her though. If she lacked the training today, she might not lack it tomorrow. Finding out where you are wouldn't be so hard either. To some, just the symbol alone holds great power. So just be careful. That's all I ask."

The last thing that she needed was people coming here to hunt for it.

"What time and training she may gain, I can assure you I'll gain in equal, if not more, measure. I don't sit around all day, despite what some might like to think. Her face and name will be on the watch list by the time my robes are finished washing, have no fear. She'll not be able to catch us by surprise..." He took another sip of the tea, before it slipped a bit and burned his leg. Almost immediately he darkened, the hand not holding a teacup going knuckle-white. It took several good moments of him sitting quietly, before he got up and poured a new cup for himself.

"I trust nothing eventful happened while I was gone? New staff or allies I should be notified of? I would hate to accidentally throw out someone who has all the rights to be here."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded, glad in [member="Darlyn Excron"] 's confidence in himself. Yet as he spilled his tea, she raised a brow slightly in how he reacted. It wasn't the usual reaction to pain. No, it was though he was angry at the tea for daring to cause him harm.

How strange...

She sipped her own tea and pretended to have not noticed the extent of his reaction. He asked her about allies and staff. "No new Ministrial staff, however I've hired a new pilot, [member="Bradshaw Ku"] . There are new businesses and medical buildings coming to Chasin City as well. Our economy continues to grow."

"Always more to the fold isn't there?" Darlyn forced himself to give his usual, cheery smile as he wiped his leg clean from the spilled tea. "I do hope he doesn't crash your ship, I'd have to give them a lecture in responsibility if they survived. And I haven't finished a presentation recording so I can simply tie them to the chair and have them watch while I get work done yet." Of course he was unaware of who the boy was, or he may have spoken differently of them. Or perhaps not, it was genuinely hard to say.

In any case, he had finished cleaning off his leg, and was now much more relaxed compared to his brief flare of anger. "Speaking of pilots, i ought to purchase my own ship. I can't always borrow from our navy after all, delightfully fun as that would be."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked. In all honesty, she had no idea of how good or bad of a pilot Brad was. Hopefully he was a good one. "He could probably use a lecture or two. He's a cocky one and has a slight....temper." Slight of course was putting it nicely. Brad was a hot head. Though she really couldn't blame him.

She sipped her tea as she nodded, agreeing with [member="Darlyn Excron"] about acquiring his own ship. "See if our ship factories are ready to produce one for you. Or at least get one modified. Our new head engineer should be up to the task."

"Wonderful, then he'll be able to learn that much more effectively." He offered a small smile and listened to her suggestions concerning a ship. Of course, he ought to either heavily modify a ship, or have one custom built. The purpose of such would be to possess something without a well known design. Not to mention it was simply more enjoyable to have something, unique.

"A pilot of my own as well, or enough condensed piloting lessons I won't crash into the palace. We just got the wall fixed. Thought it would keep you on your toes..." He hummed, as if considering it a moment. [member="Lady Kay"] had well learned by now the man treated almost nothing with any degree of seriousness, at least outwardly. "But I'm just a guardsmen really, can't afford two ships. So maybe I'll get a pilot."

Kay-Larr

She smirked as [member="Darlyn Excron"] mentioned the wall being repaired. Yes, that certainly took a while. Stupid Trandoshans. They have no respect. But he was still locked away in solitude. Kay had yet to put him to work in the mines. She'll get to it when she gets to it.

"There should be some good pilots for you out there. Captain Terrac is retired. Or at least for me he is. I'm not sure if there's enough brandy on Commenor to get him to work again."

Terrac was still very upset with how Kay had changed since her captivity. No longer was she like the daughter he had always wanted to have. Instead she was a pain in his butt and not in a good way. So he just took himself out of the equation.

"Wonder why that is. He was quite fond of you from what I recall." He hummed and shrugged. "I'll certainly have to give it a try though. The man knew how to fly that was certain. Even if he won't fly I'm sure a few drinks will get him to give a recommendation or two, no?" He chuckled a bit and shrugged, finishing his second cup of tea and placing it aside. "Mm... So then, have you come to a decision on when you'll be free for some proper relaxation? I still haven't made you finish taking up on that offer from the ball yet, and you and I both know full well I won't rest until you've had a proper day off."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't sure if Captain Terrac would know of a pilot for [member="Darlyn Excron"] , but it shouldn't be too difficult for him to find someone.

She shook her head in response to his question after having another sip of her tea. "No, I haven't. I forgot. I've been too wrapped up in other things. Maybe I'll just spend a day in my bedchambers, reading. Treat it like a sick day."

"Perhaps that would be best for you, a calm day with nothing to do." He smiled lightly, before chuckling. [member="Lady Kay"], Sith or not, had quite the relaxing effect. Perhaps it was the strange sense of how much she'd stayed the same, despite the drastic changes. "But I fully intend to show you what I had in mind. And if all else fails, I'll just have to kidnap you and force you to have a good day... for your own good naturally."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom