Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A chance to come full circle

StarWarsSithCharacter_zps76dd6cc2.png

It had been three days and nights since his 'owner', oh how he had hated that term, finally became nothing more than ashes within the manor house that had once been boasted as being impenetrable For someone so intent on training an assassin to do his bidding, he should have seen his so-called apprentice's plots against him; it's not as if it were my responsibility to protect the oh so-mighty Sith Lord now is it? Offering a wry grin at the memory of both master and apprentice finishing each other off, he simply continued the long trek towards civilization with nary a word as the ebony tendrils of Darkside energy gave both speed and strength to his limbs Why he choose to essentially set himself apart from others is beyond me, he might as well screamed out his affiliations with that fortress of his. Shrugging his shoulders ever so slightly to resettle the hood that concealed his face, a deliberate slouching of the shoulders gave off the impression of a hapless wanderer; he did not want or need the undue attention, especially when one could still see the remnants of what had been his kennel for the last few decades of his life, still forming a massive cloud of black smoke off in the distance.

"There will be others after his riches now... Or vengeance and I can ill afford to be caught up in either search." The words came softly in an almost negligible whisper as his left hand gripped the small pouch at his waist that held the crystalline pyramid he had managed to acquire prior to his escape Sometimes warm and sometimes bone-chilling cold... Why I took it is anyone's guess but it almost seemed to call to me... Shaking off such thoughts as foolish, a momentary glance towards the horizon revealed the silhouette of Theed off in the distance "Finally time to get off his damnable planet..."

As he drew closer towards Theed and its inhabitants, he quickly stifled his use of the Force prior to garnering any inquisitive glances that came his way Present a weakened exterior and non threatening demeanor in order to achieve access Repeated over and over in his mind, he almost instinctively licked his fingertips; it had been one of many lessons that had been pressed into his flesh when he had still been relatively young and the phantom pain of his owner's 'correction' still seemed to linger. "Enough of that foolishness now, the old fop is dead and your finally free." Hobbling past the gateway into Theed, he simply shrugged off a guardsmen's help with a hacking cough before entering into the marketplace with a smirk Even the most discerning eye is quick to accept things as they appear, but in appearances place no faith.

Standing erect as he effectively cast aside his impromptu disguise, he began wading into the various kiosks in an effort to dispose of whatever else he had managed to 'acquire' from his owners holdings I just need enough to book passage to the closest habited system, after that , I should be able to find a way to get there... To step foot on Korriban. Engrossed in his haggling with one of the faceless masses while still keeping a subtle eye on his surroundings, a look of frustration was quickly becoming one of anger "Perhaps I didn't make myself perfectly clear... In which case I am at fault so I will ask again..." Making a conscious effort to prevent himself from ejecting his weapon from its forearm sheath, he simply stared down the rather porcine merchant "How much are you willing to give me for these baubles..." Spoken with a deceptively soft voice for such an adept killer, his features seemed to harden and take a slightly malevolent cast "I hope for your sake that your previous offer had simply been a slip of the tongue..."

Miscellaneous
Thoughts are red and italicized
"Speech" are red and in qoutations

Burka-Ninja-Muslim-Terror-Samurai-Stealth-Squad.jpg
The woman studied the man beyond the thick black scarf that hid the lower portion of her face. Silver orbs followed his every move, every word, as if searching, questioning, verifying.

She stood off in the shadows, bedecked from head to toe in a black cowl reminiscent of vagabond traveling merchants. Watching him attempt to peddle his wares for credits. A ghost of a smile grew, but hidden behind the scarf.

It is then that the woman took a step forward, walking over towards the merchant and the peddler. A slender alabaster hand went reaching out, just beyond that of the merchant to pick up one of the 'baubles.'

"How much?" came her husky question, silver eyes boring straight into @[member="Azrakiel"] 's own.

As Isolda indeed approached the bazaar where Azrakiel was ineffectively trying to gain the upper hand, he seemed to stiffen momentarily; there was no application of the Force at work, only the instincts of a killer born that warned him of her sudden encroachment. As an uncomfortable feeling in the center of his shoulder blades caused him to adjust his stance, his eyes seemed to momentarily lock with hers even as she was about to speak Possible threat, slender frame requires a closed fist to the third and fourth rib, open hand chop to the side of her jaw, hammer-fist to the temple... As plans were put into motion should the worst arise, he was about to reply to her query in his usually monotone manner when it seemed that the merchant had a better idea "Get lost you kriffing skag... I have a right mind to call the guardsmen to remove both of you from my stall; a deal was made and there is nothing more to be said about it!"

Turning with a look of disbelief on his weathered features, it seemed that this had been the last straw to snap the bantha's back; normally at this point he would have simply walked away and hoped to do business elsewhere, but with the object rudeness coupled with all the attention that this outburst would surely bring... That anger that always seemed to simmer just below the surface quickly came to the forefront "Nothing to be said... Your certain of this are you?" Any other comment was halted as he felt, rather than seen, the merchant' spat upon his cheek Allow weakness to be shown and others are free to use it... Palming a small sharp into a gloved left hand, the tip seemed to glisten with an unknown substance. As it was hidden from the merchants eyes but in clear view of Isolda's, she perhaps knew what was coming next "I believe that my wares and I will seek another's offer; perhaps the Devaronian's stall; he has been reported to treat his customers well..." Using a wisp of a rag to wipe the spittle from his face, Azrakiel seemed intent on leaving but paused for a moment "I had almost forgotten to pay you for your hospitality."

Utilizing the Force in the smallest of amounts was akin to taking a tiny drop out of a vast ocean, but in this manner it served a purpose as the aerodynamic sharp seemed to almost fly as it stuck quivering into the merchants outstretched hand. Now satisfied, he continued his preparations despite the corpulent fellows bellowing as his yells and shouts would be swallowed up by the great beast of commerce which was the marketplace; the reason why Azrakiel had chosen to deal these artifacts here in the first place. As the various items were carefully wrapped in oilskin and placed within his satchel, he decided that a singular act of propriety wouldn't go amiss "If you prefer to discuss business, I suggest we do it outside of the bazaar... Call it a hunch, but perhaps our presence here isn't the smartest of ideas." Having spoken far more in the last few days then he had in years, he simply turned on his heel and began to make his way through the crowds; if she wanted to follow he had deliberately slowed his pace, if she wished to remain and see the results of rock wort venom then that was her prerogative as well...

Miscellaneous
Thoughts are red and italicized
"Speech" are red and in qoutations
"Speech" for N.P.C's

@[member="Azrakiel"]

An incline of her head would be her answer, not a word. For now, she seemingly followed the male, with only that thin strip of alabaster flesh and silver eyes visible to the eye. She gave an impression she was but a normal girl, but there was something about her that hinted more.

The black swaths of fabric lightly brushed the tops of her sandals, while a gust of wind tossed sand and grit into the air. Merchants and peddles around them were selling their wares as they continued along, the sounds of haggling and bartering for goods filling the air in commerce.

Soon, they would near the edge of the Bazaar, closer to the darkened corners of alleyways where the crowd would thin. All the while, the woman would be ambling along as if without a care in the world, mysteriously giving an aura of draw one would not be able to deny.

Caution seemed to be the watchword of the day, she was obviously not simply here to buy a bumpkins baubles in the market…. No this bore watching, wheels within wheels and all that ilk. Their path eventually became less and less impeded the further away they travelled from the bazaar, and an icy chill ran down his spine “ Some might say that a young woman travelling down dark deserted alleyways was seeking trouble… I suspect that you bring it instead.”

Slowly lowering his cowl so that the entirety of his face was exposed, his demeanor and body language denoted a sense of readiness without the tension that flight or fight usually instilled in an individual “If we are at odds, then say so miss, I have many obligations and little time to achieve them.” It was no threat, he didn't threaten and who would believe him with that soft voice of his… It was merely a statement of fact that was seemingly backed up by his stance, that of a Teräs Käsi artist; it seemed he wasn't a street level thug after all.

@[member="Darth Isolda"]

@[member="Azrakiel"]

A smirk went dancing across Isolda’s face, hidden behind the thick swath of black fabric of the scarf and headdress she wore. There was a sort of predatory stride to her gait, like a serpent sliding across the dunes of Tatooine.

Those silver orbs gave a sidelong glance at the male, as she slowly began to walk in a half circle around him, her free hand coming up to lightly graze against the wall of the pourstone building beside her, sand and grit lightly skimming across the pads of her fingers.

Now why would you think that?” came her husky query, coming to a slight pause just to his right, observing his every move like Nexu to her prey.

I am here, merely to make an acquaintance….you have such an interesting aura about you,” she said with a poignant murmur, her silver gaze appraising him.

Mmm… obligations. Yes…” there seemed to be a distant gaze in her eyes, as if searching for something; an answer.

Yes…. attempting to leave the planet so soon -- Yes…” her eyes seemed to shift and swirl like molten mirrors, the Force surging through her in her use of Darksight.

But there are other paths you could take. Other options --- yes, the Goddess has a plan for you. A destiny.

"I have learned from the onset, that religion and destiny are often times the masques that other's use to hide their true purposes... You say your Goddess has a plan for me, well and good... But what if I prefer to take the path of Apostasy rather than being one of the faithful?" Watching her every move, he seemed far from tense, but prepared to strike like many of the big cats that could be found throughout the Galaxy "Or maybe this is a trap, an attempt to claim what you feel is rightly yours through the affiliation you perhaps had with my previous tormenter..." Looking at her for a long moment, the very second that the following words escaped his lips, he knew he had damned himself "Dream me a dream of power, show me a path to ascension... Then maybe I will consider what it is you and your Goddess have to say about my destiny." He needed training, that much was plain, but he wasn't about to blindly accept what anyone had to offer; he was faithless, and according to the life he had been forced to lead, truly accursed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom