Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bastion for Business

BASTION
-Imperial Palace-
19:00 hours

The evening set over Bastion, a former capital of the Fel Imperium and once in the hands of many great empires. Now in the Imperial Palace resides a rather reclusive woman; a witch by the name of Anja Aj'Rou. Her people--The Primeval--have conquered Bastion from the unscrupulous rule of Mandalore the Usurper, who holds his people hostage with false wisdom and weakness. Now with new star systems under her control, the Host Lord seeks to defend them from coming war and from that motive seeks the aid of someone she met some time ago. A man who represented a company whose name never went without notice. Titan Industries.

Inside the halls of her palace, the Umbaran ruler of The Primeval waited in a rather adorned meeting room. The Imperial emblems to some surprise have not been removed; in fact they're regularly polished. It's a simple of strength held over an empire, to prove to those who see it that even the mightiest succumb to the fall of arrogance. Pride, greed, desire... All of which she would rid her people of. In due time, of course. Making enemies with the wealthy can wait for it is those wealthy that enrich the possibilities for fanatics and terrorists, zealots who see no wrong in their right ways.

Footsteps echoed, clacking down the marbled halls of the fortress-esque palace. "Your Worship.", the voice came as a man entered the room; a sliding door closed behind them. Standing before her was a well-dressed human whom formerly was the steward to the previous resident. A governor in loyalty to the Mandalorians. His face was quite gaunt and his build slender to the point it seemed frail. Two unsettling brown eyes wandered away from the woman's face as if to fix their gaze on something that wasn't there, then they turned back. Lips pursed, "I've prepared... Refreshments... For you and the guest.", his words were rather slow in coming to point.

Anja's far more emotionless gaze--wide and uneventful--met his wandering one, no displeasure was revealed. "You're dismissed, provide them when ready.", she muttered. The reason for her lack of vigor was merely the result of deep thought. Half paying attention and half theorycrafting. It became somewhat of a bad habit, the Host Lord's curiosity, for it lead to insatiable adventure and passions that went beyond the previously accepted notions of what their religion allowed. In all but name she was part of the occult and nearly ventured into the path of heresy.

The steward nodded lazily before scuttering out of the room itself, once more the sliding door shut behind them. Their guest should be arriving soon and from the palace's main entrance lead into the meeting room by the same eccentric steward.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

He did indeed arrive quite soon, landing in his now ancient but refitted Lambda Class Shuttle.

Alric Kuhn was met with the same odd face that had just left Anja, unlike his usual repertoire he did not have Two Sons of Titan accompanying him. This was both a sign of respect and good faith. He had only met with this woman once before, but they had come to more than amenable terms and since then she had also given permission for the rebuilding of Citadel Station.

In short, the Primeval had more than earned his trust, and that would mean no guards, at least on his part.

He had no idea if they would extend the same courtesy to him or even notice the fact that he had done so, but in the end it didn't really matter.

Quickly the head of Titan Industries was lead through the palace. A few times he simply swiveled his head, observing and watching the things around him. He knew that Bastion had once been an Imperial Strong hold, he knew that it had once been the greatest Fortress world in the galaxy, the sight of the last of the true Imperials.

Briefly he wondered how the Primeval had fared here in their conquest.

Before long Alric Kuhn found himself standing within the center of a large meeting room, his knuckles pressing against the edge of a durasteel table.

In came a man, an all to familiar sight. Much has changed since the two last met, both have grown much but it seems that wasn't reflected entirely. Who knows what changes occurred on a level more personal to oneself. Her eyes leveled with his, the feminine Umbaran figure sat across the table in a chair once reserved for Emperors of old. "Welcome.", she nodded.

There were no guards in sight, the two were in every way alone and more than capable of cutting off the head then and there -- not that it was a legitimate fear. Refreshments in the form of water sat on either side for the two to enjoy if they wished, otherwise what was truly on the table was the business at hand. "I trust your trip was well, Bastion hasn't had any visitors since our arrival... You'll keep what you see here to yourself, yes?", her tone was relaxed, calm, professional.

Pleasantries were new... Last time they devised a business strategy it produced warships, what new feats would be achieved now?

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

“Of course.” Alric said in answer to her. “I would not be much of a business man if I went about spouting my clients secrets.”

Titan was as much about keeping secrets as producing war machines. It was a simple fact that they had to keep everything confidential. Of course Alric himself knew most everything about his clients, and most of that data was kept stored within the small Dat'qah Tattoo located on his back, an impenetrable living data center that only he could access.

Bastion and anything he had gleaned while here would be safe.

“What can I aid you with today? I assure you that Construction of Citadel Station is moving along quite nicely. It is almost ready for occupation.” Citadel Station along with Corellia were still foremost on his mind. Both projects were incredibly important to him and Titan.

The woman laid back into her chair, looking almost hedonistic. A steady hand laid over a small Imperial crest on the table, the bear skin rubbed over the silver metal pulling off a layer of dust.

"There's much more... I foresee the death of a thousand suns, a great dragon will fall.Those who wear its skull will schism.", she spoke softly; her two eyes stared into the crest. A brief wind came over the atmosphere until she exhaled.

Leaning forward, "To kill a beast one must draw it out of the lair. I need weapons to defend my worlds, a trap.", the witch continued. There was much to plan. Recent conquests may have provided much value but it also meant her forces were spread thin. It was no longer manageable to have whole fleets defend worlds, instead she needed a new system of defenses to protect the worlds whilst he armada assaults the enemy directly.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Alric wasn't one for poetry.

Flowery language and riddles had always annoyed him, mostly because he was one that enjoyed getting straight to business. Of course Anja was doing that in a roundabout way, she was just speaking in tongues instead of getting into it directly.

Of course he recognized what she wanted. A means of defending her worlds without the necessity of massive fleets. Part of that would soon be solved by the Maladi Class Strike Frigates that would be produced over Telos, but that would still require some form of command. No, what she wanted was orbital stations and ground defenses.

“Titan has yet to venture into Planetary Defense systems, at least on a massive scale. We currently Produce the Yaret-Krinra as a means of destroying capital ships.” They were effective weapons, powerful, but always groundside. “It is possible for us to develop and orbital station.”

He thought for a few moments, mind beginning to race.

The Host Lord thought nodded, although she actually had no knowledge n what the Yaret-Krinra was; as long as it killed her enemies... What did it matter?

The Palace meeting room was rather humdrum in activity. There was little to no ambiance to speak of and the distant muffling of feet against the hard surfaced floor was little to get giddy about, a change of scenery for sure from the starship she called home. Order's End still drifted above the surface of this world but now spent most of its days as part of the fleet's routines rather than the war chariot of The Primeval's leader. Her eyes drifted off into nothingness for a brief moment before returning to the discussion at hand.

She sighed, "An orbital station... If it can kill my enemies at one fell swoop than I see no reason not to approve a project such as that.", she remarked. Another pause in her motions was situated by the fact there were other things on her mind.

"What return do you seek?", she asked.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Alric smiled slightly

His next words might come as a surprise to her, after all they were not spoken every day, nor would she likely hear them from him ever again.

“Nothing.” He sounded almost cheerful. “The Primeval has given much to Titan Industries. Your continued trust in our facilities on Anirc as well as your support of the construction and completion of Citadel Station over Telos have been more than generous.”

“All I wish for is continued support in my actions and your continued trust and business.” He wanted this relationship to remain fruitful. The Primeval was by all indications a faction that would last, one that would become a terror in the galaxy. Alric wanted the relationship between Titan and The Primeval to last.

If that meant gaining nothing in return for designing an orbital station? Then so be it.

A worthy sacrafice.

Nothing.

That was somewhat of a surprise. Concerning their reputation as a company, even though the Host Lord personally was not that accustomed to business she had those around her who were. Nothing for something seemed like a ruse but his following statement made sense of it. I guess one could look at it as if the two organizations were 'going steady', although that was a term that'd likely fly by the intentions and even the logic of the zealous Host Lord and her people... Well, some of them.

"I see. Generosity for generosity, Titan Industries is full of surprises." , she didn't intend for it to be insulting to their moral compass but really any ties who she made through the One Sith weren't going to be the charitable sort; everyone has an angle. Of course there still was an angle, for both of them. Even if they just wanted the relationship to last there would be benefits to come from it. Two mates would copulate to produce an offspring and continue the cycle of life much like this arrangement would ensure the survival of each party's interests.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

“Don't misunderstand me.” He spoke with a smile. “For further products and services there will be something, but this request is a relatively simple one.”

Alric began to explain. “The Yaret-Krinra is a larger version of the Yuuzhan Vong Yaret-Kor. It is a Yuuzhan Vong Biot, a living creature. Right now the weapon is only suitable to being stationed on the ground or attached to a ship. Adapting it into an orbital station for defense purposes should be easy enough.”

More so, it wouldn't be at all expensive.

Yuuzhan Vong technology was ludicrously inexpensive to create an maintain. All it needed was the initial facilities, from there it was all rather simple.

Although she had no major understanding it was simple enough for her to wrap her head around the concept. He was taking a pre-existing technology and modifying it to be used in orbit rather than from the ground. A good idea, too, for them. The Primeval don't sit still often, and that should say it all: They need an elastic defense. The ability to draw their enemies in and then close around them; a benefit to being The Primeval is that there's not much pride placed into their worlds, if one falls then they'll just take it back. It's not about the quality of life, it's about their single goal -- that driving factor. By now most under their authority realize the cost of rebellion.

"I see, and .. Of course; nothing is truly free. I'm just intrigued by your sense of interest in our goals... Albeit perhaps not entirely for selfless reasons.", her words were mellow and her breath exhaled softly.

A naked hand reached out for a glass of water, the rim placed up against supple lips as she slowly drained the crystal-clear liquid that the glass contained.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom