Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1.4: Staff Code of Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so we're all aware, I'm fast tracking the Code of Conduct/Professionalism Rules for Staff members, which will cover how staff is to conduct themselves both here on the board and in the SWRP Skype chat. These rules will need to be read and each Staff member will have to present a written agreement in order to retain your Staff Position. Non-compliance will result in the termination of your Staff position.

We will also present a revised copy to the member base of SWRP, though written agreement will not be mandatory.

This and the outline of Staff Roles & Responsibilities will be completed and presented by the end of the day tomorrow.

As an aside, if you cannot find yourselves meeting any of the conduct requirements, you may resign - nobody's blaming anyone, we're just trying to bump up the quality of professionalism the team here at SWRP presents to the public.

Color coded messages are a good, clear way to get across to the members when we wish to be heard as a staff member or as a simple member of a roleplaying site.

For example, there is a thread that has a discussion topic that normally does not require the voice of a staff member. However, there is an issue and a staff member now needs to post and expect the authority one would have as a staff member. This staff member then color codes their message to bring attention to it and clearly identify to regular members that the subject in the post is being taken very seriously. Likewise, a staff member in an otherwise normal topic may just want to post some type of opinion without having people worrying about it coming from a staff member, so they just don't use a different color font.

Makes sense as a suggestion?

I'm down, Mason, for improving the Staff to Member relation in such a way. This Code of Conduct is more of a way to hold ourselves, myself especially, accountable for our behavior in the chat and here on the board. It'll help prevent some people from leaving because we're noted as acting like total dicks and douchebags in the chat, where our relations to the members are more personable. Our biggest competition for members right now is us.

Don't get me wrong, there's only been one or two instances where this has been a problem. And I'm usually part of the problem myself. One or two members lost over an issue with how staff behaves here or on Skype chat is unacceptable. We need to change the way the SWRP staff team conducts business in the chat and our perception of previously known members.

Except Kane E Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom